Kia Optima Forums banner
221 - 240 of 263 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Another question here David, is it true that the remote starter running time only lasted for 5 min then it shuts off or can that be change like an interval of 5,10,15 min running time?
Hey Joe, Julian is correct on this one. You have the option of setting it to 3 or 4 different run times in the programming. However most remote starters will only keep the engine running for a maximum of 15 minutes just in case the user forgot the engine was running.

The good thing is that the doors will automatically lock as well in case you left them unlocked upon remote starting the car.

On mine, the default is 5 minutes. But you can program between 2 minutes and 15 minutes(max).
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
415 Posts
Now, if I can ONLY get into program mode. Unfortunately for me, it's getting kinda cold to be playing around with the car, these days.
All my functions are in the default settings, and I'm convinced that my connection on the passenger-side harness is the problem. (That was the one I could not match up, with the diagram.)

David, can you find out what functions are affected, tapping in to the harness on the passenger side?

·
Registered
2014 Optima 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid LX
38 Posts
Hey guys, just an update on my car with this module. After installing it on my Hyrbid and having the AC controls problems not coming on. After emailing back and forth for quite some time with David from the K5 store and the manufacturer, we finally came up with the correct wiring solution to solve the whole problems. Only 1 wire had to be moved to a new pin location for everything to work properly. Also with all this trial and error for me, the original wire that was wired to controlled the radio, so after soldering a second wire and running a separate diode to the now incorrect pin location, my radio and AC controls now come on when I remote start the correct. Either way, a big win lol, so anyone secong guessing this product, definitely worth buying this and spending the money, especially more so if you live in a hot or cold climate.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Now, if I can ONLY get into program mode. Unfortunately for me, it's getting kinda cold to be playing around with the car, these days.
All my functions are in the default settings, and I'm convinced that my connection on the passenger-side harness is the problem. (That was the one I could not match up, with the diagram.)

David, can you find out what functions are affected, tapping in to the harness on the passenger side?
For troubleshooting assistance, you would need to send us an email detailing exactly what the issue is, we would then forward that to our tech support contact with the manufacturer and get right back to you.

Hey guys, just an update on my car with this module. After installing it on my Hyrbid and having the AC controls problems not coming on. After emailing back and forth for quite some time with David from the K5 store and the manufacturer, we finally came up with the correct wiring solution to solve the whole problems. Only 1 wire had to be moved to a new pin location for everything to work properly. Also with all this trial and error for me, the original wire that was wired to controlled the radio, so after soldering a second wire and running a separate diode to the now incorrect pin location, my radio and AC controls now come on when I remote start the correct. Either way, a big win lol, so anyone secong guessing this product, definitely worth buying this and spending the money, especially more so if you live in a hot or cold climate.
Thanks Jason for this feedback. I am very happy we were able to resolve your issue!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Any news on how current owners can upgrade the firmware?
I'm sorry for the delays with getting this going. We are working through the logistics with the manufacturer so that they can show us what exactly needs to be done to get the programming updated. We now have all of the hardware necessary and will most likely be ready to get things going by the 1st of the month, maybe sooner.

·
01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
1,145 Posts
I'm sorry for the delays with getting this going. We are working through the logistics with the manufacturer so that they can show us what exactly needs to be done to get the programming updated. We now have all of the hardware necessary and will most likely be ready to get things going by the 1st of the month, maybe sooner.
Any progress on this David ?........

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Here's a video of some of the features:

Thank you sir, great work on the video. :)

Any progress on this David ?........
Actually yes, great news. We successfully completed the firmware update on the test units yesterday. I believe we will be able to began having customers send in their modules as early as next week. :thumbsup:

Stay tuned....

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Great news folks, the time has finally come.

We are now accepting customers Canbus Modules for firmware updating.

There were some major delays as the software to upgrade was not fully ready yet, but we are now golden.

We are working with a volunteer to assist us with the upgrading of the firmware. Therefore things are going to be done a bit differently then normal.

If you are interested in having your firmware upgraded to the newest version, please contact us by sending us an email to: [email protected]

The cost to update the firmware is $20 and this will include 2-3 day Priority return shipping of your module anywhere in the United States.

The remainder amount of money after the shipping costs will be going to the volunteer that will be assisting us with the firmware upgrade.

Once you have emailed us about the firmware upgrade, we do ask to please post in here letting us know you have emailed us.

This will allow us to keep a running tab on customers who will be upgrading there firmware here in this thread.

Thank you all for your patience while we worked out all of the logistics behind the scenes on the firmware upgrade.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Good news David, so what exactly will the changes be with the new update and what is the turnaround time ?
Yep yep! The new firmware will provide the faster remote start, and a few other tuned up details, nothing necessarily brand new. It also fixes some of the minor bugs with programming as well.

Turnaround time to do the firmware upgrade is 24 hours or less. So as soon as it is delivered, it would be shipped back out within 24 hours.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
9 Posts
I am the first person to have there module updated and it went great. It fixed my programming bug and now remote starts my car faster. I had the original 15.2.1 so good update for me. Here are the steps Email [email protected] tell them you want to update you CCM(for shipping information), then take out your CCM, package it up really well, ship it, wait a few days, reinstall. Remember to read the test and setup PDF again before reinstall. It's really easy and definitely worth doing especially if you have the original firmware or any other problems. Nothing to worry about if you follow the steps. Have questions ask away!

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,893 Posts
I need to send mine out, because apparently the firmware upgrade will allow me to use my sunroof controls. Now that it's getting warm, I need this!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
I am the first person to have there module updated and it went great. It fixed my programming bug and now remote starts my car faster. I had the original 15.2.1 so good update for me. Here are the steps Email [email protected] tell them you want to update you CCM(for shipping information), then take out your CCM, package it up really well, ship it, wait a few days, reinstall. Remember to read the test and setup PDF again before reinstall. It's really easy and definitely worth doing especially if you have the original firmware or any other problems. Nothing to worry about if you follow the steps. Have questions ask away!
Brett thank you for this post and for working with us to get your module updated. I was surprised at how fast you got it back after initially shipping it out for the upgrade. :)

I need to send mine out, because apparently the firmware upgrade will allow me to use my sunroof controls. Now that it's getting warm, I need this!
Not sure if that is the issue you're having, but let's hope if fixes it. Can't hurt, plus the turnaround time is really quick!!

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,893 Posts
Not sure if that is the issue you're having, but let's hope if fixes it. Can't hurt, plus the turnaround time is really quick!!
Well according to the manufacturer updating should resolve it. We will see, I guess. I want to be able to control my sunroof!!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
346 Posts
Can someone tell me how to have this thing control the Windows? I know it says extra module required but I can't seem to find any information on what that module is.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
Can someone tell me how to have this thing control the Windows? I know it says extra module required but I can't seem to find any information on what that module is.
The window module has not been released just yet, but is having the last stages of testing completed now. So we should see this product being available to the public within the next 3-4 weeks or so.

221 - 240 of 263 Posts