Kia Optima Forums banner

K5 Trunk Emblem Alignment?

[ALL] : 
15K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  brodskimk 
#1 ·
Besides very carefully, how did you align your K5 trunk emblem? Or did you just eyeball it? I've seen a few on here that look a little too far to the left or right. Where's the primo spot ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I'll be tackling this issue when my new emblems arrive, but I was thinking of using a ruler and pencil to mark where I think it should go? For example, remove the old one, measure the blank spot on the car, find its center, and then measure out 1/2 the distance from the center spot horizontally and vertically and mark those 4 spots that should serve as a guide to place the new emblem.

Anyone else have a good trick to centering it, besides something like this?

#3 ·
#4 ·
I noticed that too. Lots of them are placed off.

#6 ·
#7 ·
OK... not exactly w/ "directions" here, but just doing a google search I found these...hope this helps! I'll be doing this mod soon, too.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mid-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Bumper

BUT... something tells me that this one owner was confused when they put it on theirs. (????)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Kia motors Kia optima

#8 ·
#21 ·
Did mine last week. Just eye-balled it.
Land vehicle Vehicle Trunk Car Bumper

#22 ·
Heres how I did mine.
Aligned the 5 in level with the SX.
Also the center of the 5 is aligned with the end of the white reverse lights.

The alignment for the Korean models have the 5 under the white reverse lights since they have the wide license plates. A little to far out for me so moved my badges closer to the middle.
This is the photo I used for reference to align my K5 emblems.

Some people might disagree but I think its the close to OEM look? So hopefully this helps :)

#24 · (Edited)
Just finished mine right before the rain. Boy you have to scrub the crap outta the gunk outline of OPTIMA after removing the old OPTIMA Emblem.

I did mine similar to Nikko but decided to line up where the K and 5 meet with the middle of the EX GDI also trying to put it the same distance from the license plate as where the center of the EX GDI is on the opposite side.

Gonna let it sit a bit them remove the foam & clear plastic...

Strings in place (leveled with a level) & badge applied...

Strings removed...

Removed the foam and clear plastic!!! Pic is a little canted to the right, sorry bout that... Look Horrible???

#28 ·
I guess I should have read this thread before attempting to put my first upgrade to the USDM optima. First try just eyeing it and kept it flush with the top ridge on the bump of the trunk. Hope it's not off from the original K5! Was too anxious when I opened my package from the mail, but hey some of you guys know how that feels!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.