Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides very carefully, how did you align your K5 trunk emblem? Or did you just eyeball it? I've seen a few on here that look a little too far to the left or right. Where's the primo spot ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,687 Posts
I'll be tackling this issue when my new emblems arrive, but I was thinking of using a ruler and pencil to mark where I think it should go? For example, remove the old one, measure the blank spot on the car, find its center, and then measure out 1/2 the distance from the center spot horizontally and vertically and mark those 4 spots that should serve as a guide to place the new emblem.

Anyone else have a good trick to centering it, besides something like this?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
633 Posts
Besides very carefully, how did you align your K5 trunk emblem? Or did you just eyeball it? I've seen a few on here that look a little too far to the left or right. Where's the primo spot ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I noticed that too. Lots of them are placed off.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
OK... not exactly w/ "directions" here, but just doing a google search I found these...hope this helps! I'll be doing this mod soon, too.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mid-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Bumper

BUT... something tells me that this one owner was confused when they put it on theirs. (????)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Kia motors Kia optima

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Of all the pics I have seen of it seems to me the bottom of the 5 should line up with the ridge from the rear bumper. Only time will tell though...just ordered mine from David along with the K badges.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.