Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima EX, 100,000+ miles
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it just me ..?

Why did the K5 Kia have to abandon Optima's (3rd and 4th gen) distinct styling cues - like the rear side window shape, grill?

Optima styling was stunning and a bit unique as well, but that's gone now.

The K5 is still a nice and desirable car, no doubt, but the stunning Optima it is no more. Hard to tell from new Sonata, or a slew of other new models out there. I noticed the same rear side window treatment on a new BMW 2 series, so I guess what BMW does, everybody else has to follow?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima EX, 100,000+ miles
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
** The unfinished previous version somehow sneaked in on me .. attempting to correct:

Is it just me??

Why did the K5 Kia have to abandon Optima's distinct styling elements that made the design unique and stunning?

I liked a the (3rd and 4th gen) Kia Optima styling a lot, especially the rear side windows and the grill - but gone now.

I think the K5 is still a nice and desirable car, but the Optima styling cues are gone. It's hard to tell from new Sonata, or slew of other new models. I also noticed the same new rear side window treatment on a new BMW 238. It's a radical change for BMW as well. Looks like when BMW does something, everybody else has to follow the suit?

What do you think?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima Lx
34 Posts
The styling of trunk area is pretty bad and the front grill looks cheap in person, the rest of the car looks good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts