Kia Optima Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,893 Posts
Go for it - I'm not sure how to issue an infraction anyway. I've seen it on the admin panel user profiles, just never saw the process. Can you explain for everyone?

·
Administrator
2,721 Posts
I issue them all of the time. When you see what looks like a pair of books next to the report post icon (you won't see it on anyone that is staff), click on it, the infraction screen pops up. Browse around :)

·
Administrator
2,721 Posts
Daniella I'd really like for someone to take a look at this and respond please (I posted it earlier in this thread):

Regarding infractions...there is a way in VBulletin to assign a point amount to an infraction AND a time limit. That time limit coordinates with a specific infraction level and that can made an automatic feature. Therefore, anyone on staff can issue an infraction and it accumulates or drops off due to time limits. If the points accumulated meet or exceed (say a 7 day ban for example) then it happens automatically. There is also a feature in vBulletin that (if a separate forum section is setup for it) that when an infraction IS issued, whatever infraction that has been issued is automatically posted to the thread and you can also set it to send an email to the staff. That way everyone on staff knows exactly what is going on. The way we are set up now, is to do it this way and look how longs it takes.

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,893 Posts
Daniella I'd really like for someone to take a look at this and respond please (I posted it earlier in this thread):

Regarding infractions...there is a way in VBulletin to assign a point amount to an infraction AND a time limit. That time limit coordinates with a specific infraction level and that can made an automatic feature. Therefore, anyone on staff can issue an infraction and it accumulates or drops off due to time limits. If the points accumulated meet or exceed (say a 7 day ban for example) then it happens automatically. There is also a feature in vBulletin that (if a separate forum section is setup for it) that when an infraction IS issued, whatever infraction that has been issued is automatically posted to the thread and you can also set it to send an email to the staff. That way everyone on staff knows exactly what is going on. The way we are set up now, is to do it this way and look how longs it takes.
^ **** good idea.

·
Administrator
813 Posts

Sure I can do all of those things for you. Can you do me a favour in that regard though, can you create a new thread about this in the other section and just give me the points/time limits/responses you'd like to see and I'll handle the rest :)

Kyle

·
Administrator
2,721 Posts
Hi Kyle, Yes I will. I should have done that in the first place. I think the staff has to weigh in on it though, so I will write the proposal up, and ask for input and edit, before we ask you to do the configuration. Look for it later today.
Thanks!
Bob

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.