Premium Member
2011 Kia K5
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,893 Posts
The second thank you post you linked to was deleted, hmm.

In that die cast car instance, people were sharing different models of the die cast cars and different places to get them. I don't really see that too far out of line, to be honest.

I don't know what the rest of the guys think though, you'll have to wait and see what they say.

·
Administrator
2,721 Posts
I found these the other day. Looks like a violation of vendor rule #5

http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/1...rbon-fiber-mirror-covers-k5-optima-store.html

http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/1...ore-holiday-sales-event-through-end-year.html

Thanking twice in less than a 24 hour period. I am leaving this here for other opinions or interpretations of the rules :D I did not take any action.
This is a violation of Rule #5 of the Vendor Rules. He originally posted the second link on 12/27 @ 7:28PM. It looks likes he deleted it this morning when he posted the same exact verbage again in a new post in order to bump it to the top.

** Update: Further thought and re-read on the Vendor Rules leads me to retract what I originally concluded above. Rule 5, the way it was written and intended, (I went back and researched what we discussed a few months back) to stop a vendor from making multiple posts in a single thread more than once a day in order to keep the thread on top. The rule allows the vendor to make one thank you post per thread per day. It was not intended to allow only one "thank you" per day in total.

This differs from Rule 4 that prohibits bumping for the sake of bumping multiple threads daily. The suggestion to the vendors was to have a single thread that contains links to all of the threads they wish to bump, and then use their one bump per day on that thread. It addresses the "advertising for sale" condition, whereas Rule 5 addresses the "after sale thank you", allowing one per day per thread that can address multiple posts from customers in that thread.

Conclusion: no violation of the Vendor Rules in my opinion.

Ok here is another- http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/5...ion/93490-gift-1-18-die-cast-k5-optima-2.html

Someone posts a gift they receive for Christmas and others compliment on it. So why does K5OS have to throw his link to his product here?? I really feel him being basically the sole vendor here he can do what he likes. This is almost getting as bad as when they could post in the new member section!!!!!!
He may be using bad judgment in posting a link but this doesn't violate any forum rules to my knowledge.

·
Administrator
2,721 Posts
Thought I would share a PM that I received from a new member regarding K5 Optima store (Looks like it was sent to Admin and Munky also) along with my response. Apparently (waiting for user confirmation) this was a PM sent to the new member by Eric.

incar911 said:
Was this sent to you as a private message?

We do NOT condone behavior like this and I will get to the bottom of it. Please let me know how you received this information so I can take action.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

dbochocolates said:
Is it normal on your site for vendors to spam new members like this?

While I think it's a gesture of good faith, this is completely inappropriate.

Erni

Welcome to the community. We wanted to reach out to you and say hello.

We are a site sponsor here on the forum, and would be happy to help assist you with any ​questions you have, or ​products you may be looking for.

We tend to refer to ourselves as a one stop shop for all mods. On our site we have over ​100+ products designed specifically for the 2011-201​5 Kia Optima as well as other KDM vehicles.

Please take a look at some of the links below to help get you started.

Also, if purchasing anything from the site, please let David know prior to placing an order, so that he can apply a new member discount for you. The more items, the larger the discount.

1. Emblems & Badging
​​ (All the different Emblems/Logos available for the Optima)

2. All LED Products (Contains all of the LED products we carry)

3. Kia Optima Performance Products (Performance, Suspension, Etc.)

4. Carbon Fiber Products (Several different CF items)

5. All OEM Products (Collection of OEM KIA/Mobis Parts)

​Please reach out to ​either ​me​ or David​ with ​any ​questions about​​ products we sell, as far as function, use​,​ or compatibility​. You can​ PM​ here​ or email me at [email protected]

Both David & I have many products that we sell, installed in our own personal vehicles including my​ own​ Optima.

Thank you and ​we​ look forward to working with you.

Eric (Marketing Manager)
K5 Optima Store
[email protected]
www.K5OptimaStore.com
Tel: (213)
​ ​785-7512

·
Premium Member
2011 Kia K5
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thought I would share a PM that I received from a new member regarding K5 Optima store (Looks like it was sent to Admin and Munky also) along with my response. Apparently (waiting for user confirmation) this was a PM sent to the new member by Eric.

Originally Posted by incar911

Was this sent to you as a private message?

We do NOT condone behavior like this and I will get to the bottom of it. Please let me know how you received this information so I can take action.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Originally Posted by dbochocolates
Is it normal on your site for vendors to spam new members like this?

While I think it's a gesture of good faith, this is completely inappropriate.

Erni

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Welcome to the community. We wanted to reach out to you and say hello.

We are a site sponsor here on the forum, and would be happy to help assist you with any ​questions you have, or ​products you may be looking for.

We tend to refer to ourselves as a one stop shop for all mods. On our site we have over ​100+ products designed specifically for the 2011-201​5 Kia Optima as well as other KDM vehicles.

Please take a look at some of the links below to help get you started.

Also, if purchasing anything from the site, please let David know prior to placing an order, so that he can apply a new member discount for you. The more items, the larger the discount.

1. Emblems & Badging
​​ (All the different Emblems/Logos available for the Optima)

2. All LED Products (Contains all of the LED products we carry)

3. Kia Optima Performance Products (Performance, Suspension, Etc.)

4. Carbon Fiber Products (Several different CF items)

5. All OEM Products (Collection of OEM KIA/Mobis Parts)

​Please reach out to ​either ​me​ or David​ with ​any ​questions about​​ products we sell, as far as function, use​,​ or compatibility​. You can​ PM​ here​ or email me at [email protected]

Both David & I have many products that we sell, installed in our own personal vehicles including my​ own​ Optima.

Thank you and ​we​ look forward to working with you.

Eric (Marketing Manager)
K5 Optima Store
[email protected]
www.K5OptimaStore.com
Tel: (213)
​ ​785-7512

BUMP-Was there any action taken with this or was it just swept under the carpet????

·
Administrator
813 Posts
Sorry about this. I do not think we got a notification for this issue.
I agree with the user. Vendors should not be spamming new members like this.

I think it would be good idea to issue them an infraction for this and let their vendor rep know about the issue.

~ Danniella

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,893 Posts
There's no way something like this will be swept under the rug, I just haven't had time to go through everything. I hadn't seen the new posts in this thread until now, so you can blame me.

I confronted Eric by text first after I got the PM, he told me David had told him to do that a long time ago, and apparently it's been going on a while. I remember some sort of warning to David after the new rules were in effect, but I think it was from when he was banned, so I want to make sure we don't miss any previous infractions from after he got back onto the site and the new rules were in place. If you guys have any conversations regarding this written warning, please let me know when it was.

I confronted David as well, and and told him I am choosing not to act on it until I get a chance to go through everything. I already screenshotted all the convos so you guys can see and weigh in, once I upload them. It's easier than typing it all out.

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,893 Posts

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,893 Posts
In my personal opinion, I don't think the written warning from when he was banned should count. he was already being punished, and he thanked a customer for an order. That's not anything close to what KK was doing when they got banned.

Yes, this welcome PM is not allowed - but he got called on his **** and now he's on edge because he doesn't know what's going to happen.

I think this should be his first official infraction/written warning, and basically his last straw before being banned again.

He also brings up a good point - are these tiered infractions in a specific amount of time? or indefinite?

I think 1 year is a good amount of time to theoretically "reset the clock" on infractions, that's usually the norm on forums anyway. If he only gets one written warning in a year, it's off his record the next year and hes back at 0.

What do you guys think about that?

·
Administrator
2,721 Posts
Kind of why I brought the whole thing up to begin with. Thanks for posting the info Cory.

My opinion: infraction should be issued.

Regarding infractions...there is a way in VBulletin to assign a point amount to an infraction AND a time limit. That time limit coordinates with a specific infraction level and that can made an automatic feature. Therefore, anyone on staff can issue an infraction and it accumulates or drops off due to time limits. If the points accumulated meet or exceed (say a 7 day ban for example) then it happens automatically. There is also a feature in vBulletin that (if a separate forum section is setup for it) that when an infraction IS issued, whatever infraction that has been issued is automatically posted to the thread and you can also set it to send an email to the staff. That way everyone on staff knows exactly what is going on. The way we are set up now, is to do it this way and look how longs it takes.

·
Administrator
813 Posts
Thank you for sharing Cory and thank you for talking to David about this. I agree with all of you. A first written infraction should be issued for this. He should have known the rules by now since we told all the vendors about the new rules on the site. I do not think K5 will keep doing this if he knows he was reported once.

~ Danniella

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,893 Posts
Good call. An official written infraction will hopefully be the last time we have to deal with this. Next time will be a 3 day ban, which would be deserving at that point.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.