Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a set from K5optimastore.com, and just got them installed. Here is a before and after pic.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
Thanks for posting the post-install pic; after having seen how they look installed I am glad I did not purchase them, mainly because of the fact that the dead-pedal (i.e., footrest pedal) does not completely cover the factory footrest, plus also I'm not a fan of the visible screwheads on all three pedals. Unless you like that the K5 pedal set includes a footrest pedal and that the pedals are aluminum and black in color, I personally prefer the Kia OEM Sport Pedal set--albeit it only comes with gas and brake pedals; however the gas pedal is a complete pedal assembly rather than just a cover, and neither it nor the brake pedal require screws to secure/install (gas pedal assembly uses existing pedal assembly screw to secure).

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,732 Posts
Awesome, thank you for your order with us, I personally love the look and think it came out great.
After having seen how they look installed I am glad I did not purchase them, mainly because of the fact that the dead-pedal (i.e., footrest pedal) does not completely cover the factory footrest.
I think we all know that no one is going to get on their hands and knees to look upward from the floor to see that, but I get it though, to each their own.

For anyone curious about the product, you can find it on our site here: Custom Black Sport Foot Pedal Sets - K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thank you for your order with us, I personally love the look and think it came out great.

I think we all know that no one is going to get on their hands and knees to look upward from the floor to see that, but I get it though, to each their own.

For anyone curious about the product, you can find it on our site here: Custom Black Sport Foot Pedal Sets - K5 Optima Store
Yeah i like how they look as well! Very easy install too! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,293 Posts
Ok now I want to see another picture from a realistic angle, because that first pic is only what you'd see if you were an ant on the floor.

Question: why does the sale page show the footbrake cover with a red X in it - did they discontinue it?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,732 Posts
Ok now I want to see another picture from a realistic angle, because that first pic is only what you'd see if you were an ant on the floor.

Question: why does the sale page show the footbrake cover with a red X in it - did they discontinue it?
Haha good idea, and yes, that is correct!

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
LOL is THAT why they half-as*ed the sizing of the dead pedal? Quite frankly I can't see any sensible reason as to why they couldn't just size it properly to begin with but hey that's their call. Clearly you didn't care for my critique despite my simply stating a fact (about the dead pedal--I think we both can agree there is no subjectivity in regards to that); it's not as if I said that those pedals were a POS so again, I'm not sure why you worded your reply so defensively (and IMHO somewhat cynically as well with your "hands and knees" comment)... 🍻

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,732 Posts
LOL is THAT why they half-as*ed the sizing of the dead pedal? Quite frankly I can't see any sensible reason as to why they couldn't just size it properly to begin with but hey that's their call. Clearly you didn't care for my critique despite my simply stating a fact (about the dead pedal--I think we both can agree there is no subjectivity in regards to that); it's not as if I said that those pedals were a POS so again, I'm not sure why you worded your reply so defensively (and IMHO somewhat cynically as well with your "hands and knees" comment)... 🍻
Sorry if you got a little butthurt by my one line response to the OP, not my intentions to have offended you. :ROFLMAO:

I wasn't trying to be defensive, & sorry if you took it that way. No one cares about the 1" (far from half-as*ed) space not covered on the top, that no one will ever see.

The OP is happy, all of our customers that buy the product are happy, it's ok if you don't care for it, we are not forcing you to buy it. ;)

I could not tell you why the manufacturer made it the way they did, but it is a non-existent issue for us, so... 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
Sorry if you got a little butthurt...
Really, David? Not sure how my comments regarding the pedal warranted having personal insults directed at me but hey, I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and simply chalk it up to you maybe having had a bad day or something. :cool:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,732 Posts
Really, David? Not sure how my comments regarding the pedal warranted having personal insults directed at me but hey, I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and simply chalk it up to you maybe having had a bad day or something. :cool:
@tonester nah man, no hard feelings at all. The word "butthurt" means like offended, me saying I am sorry if you were "butthurt" by my response, I am meaning sorry if you got offended by my response. That in no way was intended for you to take it as being personally insulted.

One of our customers bought our product and posted before and after pics of it on the forum for others to see.

While the customer didn't ask for opinions, pros or cons about the product, you had mentioned how you didn't care for it, (which you are completely allowed to do) but also went on to list 2 or 3 things you didn't like about, shortcomings of the product, and even mentioned another product/brand that you preferred instead.

I simply commented to the OP, not quoting you or what you had said, but simply responding in the thread conveying the obvious, that it doesn't really matter if the pedal goes all the way up because it's buried underneath the dash, and nothing that anyone would ever notice. (That wasn't intended to be defensive, but simply point out the obvious) You then quoted my post and replied stating how the manufacturer "half-as$ed the product" & how "Quite frankly you can't see any sensible reason as to why" etc.

I'm not having a bad day or upset with you, and in no way trying to insult you or make you feel attacked. I am simply responding with what I feel is "acceptable and needed" when someone comments the way you had about what you felt were shortcomings of the product were. I have no problems with you personally & would never intentionally insult you, so I apologize if it was taken that way, as that was not my intentions.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
David--it's all good; it was not my intention for the comments I made in my initial post in this thread to imply that nobody should ever consider buying the pedals nor an attempt on my part to dissuade folks from buying them; I was simply ratlling off bullet points in support of why "I" ultimately felt I made a good decision in not buying them in the first place--if that came across as sounding like I was trying to convince folks as to why they should absolutely not consider buying them, then I apologize for that as I would never purposely say or do anything that would denigrate your business.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,732 Posts
David--it's all good; it was not my intention for the comments I made in my initial post in this thread to imply that nobody should ever consider buying the pedals nor an attempt on my part to dissuade folks from buying them; I was simply ratlling off bullet points in support of why "I" ultimately felt I made a good decision in not buying them in the first place--if that came across as sounding like I was trying to convince folks as to why they should absolutely not consider buying them, then I apologize for that as I would never purposely say or do anything that would denigrate your business.
Thank you for this post, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that.

I didn't mean to come off defensive in my posts, or create any harm by any means. However, sometimes I can come off as being defensive when I speak up the way I did. I apologize as well, as I don't want you to think I am in the business of insulting anyone who sees something differently then we do, or if we disagree on something. I have been a part of this forum for almost 9 years now (December will be 9 years) and I in no way want to upset any members here, as that is not what we are on the forum to do.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond this way, I greatly appreciate it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts