2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Presenting you the
:new: LED turn signal module DIY!!!

Here is the PDF of the DIY installation process: Click here
(Revised PDF as of 10/19/14)

Link to the product thread here on the forum: Click here

This is the link to the product on our website: K5 Optima Store - LED Turn Signal Mod

Big thanks goes to Goober2432 for the write up & video!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thank u! Gonna try to install it today! :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just looked at the write and I'm a complete noob when it comes to stuff like this. I think I will need to hang out for the install vid. Who ever is making it can u make it as simple as possible to understand for dummies like me? Lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
What don't you understand?? It's very simple to install. Tried to be as clear as possible on they DIY. Any specific questions?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank u! Gonna try to install it today! :)
Sounds good!

Just looked at the write and I'm a complete noob when it comes to stuff like this. I think I will need to hang out for the install vid. Who ever is making it can u make it as simple as possible to understand for dummies like me? Lol
In that case I highly recommend you taking this to a professional to have it installed. You wouldn't want to mess with the wrong wiring and make a mistake. Jobs like this I even take to someone else myself. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thanks for the vid Goober2432 and David thank u for posting it!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just so I have the correct info, we are going to actually leave a little bit of wire on the oem harness and cut the harness, then attach the module to the 4 wire we cut and take the other end of the module that has 3 wires and connect that back into the harness we originally cut?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the vid Goober2432 and David thank u for posting it!
No problem at all my friend..

Just so I have the correct info, we are going to actually leave a little bit of wire on the oem harness and cut the harness, then attach the module to the 4 wire we cut and take the other end of the module that has 3 wires and connect that back into the harness we originally cut?
I'm sorry my friend, when it comes to the advanced detailed wiring of this mod, it's not my specialty. I did have the details of the DIY install & video all verified to be correct before posting it up here. So as long as the you follow those instructions you'll be good! As I had previously mentioned, I had mine professionally installed and didn't do the install myself..

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm sorry my friend, when it comes to the advanced detailed wiring of this mod, it's not my specialty. I did have the details of the DIY install & video all verified to be correct before posting it up here. So as long as the you follow those instructions you'll be good! As I had previously mentioned, I had mine professionally installed and didn't do the install myself..
Thanks David, this mod doesn't seem too hard, I just wanted to verify that what I was about to do is actually what needs to be done.

Also if I don't run the jumper wires to the center lights on both sides i can set it up to just flash the outer lights correct?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks David, this mod doesn't seem too hard, I just wanted to verify that what I was about to do is actually what needs to be done.

Also if I don't run the jumper wires to the center lights on both sides i can set it up to just flash the outer lights correct?
I understand. Yes the information provided in both the written DIY and the video are correct. So if what you are about to do is what is instructed in both the video and written DIY then I would say yes that is correct!

Yes, if you do not want the outer pieces to flash, you just would not connect them.

·
Registered
2015 BMW M235i
2,821 Posts

The module is acting as a bridge between the connector coming from the car and the connector in the tail light.

So you could do that. Its going to be a little harder to do as there is not much slack in the factory harness.

You can just cut the connectors off at both ends and bridge the connection with the module.

Or you can do what I did and use quick splices/t-taps/positaps to connect the module to both connectors. That way you don't have to cut anything

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The module is acting as a bridge between the connector coming from the car and the connector in the tail light.

So you could do that. Its going to be a little harder to do as there is not much slack in the factory harness.

You can just cut the connectors off at both ends and bridge the connection with the module.

Or you can do what I did and use quick splices/t-taps/positaps to connect the module to both connectors. That way you don't have to cut anything
Yep this exactly! Thanks for helping out! :)

:) Nice vid. Had to mute my comp though... that music is awful for a promo vid. And I don't mind dub step, but not on a promo vid. If going for that hipster vibe step it down to some techno/trance at least. Much easier on the ears and less distracting from the product.
Well thank you sir. I can appreciate your opinion. I personally took sales and marketing in school and think it's fine for a promo video. Then again everyone has different taste and what one person thinks looks or sounds great, another person may think it's disgusting. It is a newer style of genre of music and it's definitely not everyones cup of tea. ;)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yep this exactly! Thanks for helping out! :)

Well thank you sir. I can appreciate your opinion. I personally took sales and marketing in school and think it's fine for a promo video. Then again everyone has different taste and what one person thinks looks or sounds great, another person may think it's disgusting. It is a newer style of genre of music and it's definitely not everyones cup of tea. ;)
I really enjoyed the music! I listen to alot of dubstep so maybe that's why.

·
Registered
633 Posts

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
that makes sense! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 357 Posts