Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody I have a 2015 Kia Optima LX and I need to replace the headlights because the mounts are broken on both of them.
The vendor that I’m using is telling me they can get me the same exact ones my LX has right now, or that he can get me the ones with the LED daytime strip that the SX has.
Besides the LED daytime strip what other differences are to this headlight??
Currently I have h7 size LED lightbulbs, would the SX headlights use a different size lightbulbs?
Also would it be difficult for my installer to add the SX headlights on a LX?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,675 Posts
LX US headlights are single projectors and DO NOT have the LED strip in them.

SX US headlights are also single projectors and they DO have the LED strip built into them.

Both are compatible on the LX model...

The Korean Spec headlights are Dual Projectors and includes (1) projector for the low beams, and (1) projector for the high beams.

All of the Korean spec headlights come with the LED strip built into them, and they are compatible on all models of 2015 Optima.

2014-2015 Kia Optima KDM Dual Projector Headlights - K5 Optima Store

I am pretty sure that the (NON HID) variant of these lights above include the H7 bulbs when ordering.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello everybody I have a 2015 Kia Optima LX and I need to replace the headlights because the mounts are broken on both of them.
The vendor that I’m using is telling me they can get me the same exact ones my LX has right now, or that he can get me the ones with the LED daytime strip that the SX has.
Besides the LED daytime strip what other differences are to this headlight??
Currently I have h7 size LED lightbulbs, would the SX headlights use a different size lightbulbs?
Also would it be difficult for my installer to add the SX headlights on a LX?

SX US headlights are also single projectors and they DO have the LED strip built into them.

The Korean Spec headlights are Dual Projectors and includes (1) projector for the low beams, and (1) projector for the high beams.

All of the Korean spec headlights come with the LED strip built into them, and they are compatible on all models of 2015 Optima.

2014-2015 Kia Optima KDM Dual Projector Headlights - K5 Optima Store View attachment 249519

I am pretty sure that the (NON HID) variant of these lights above include the H7 bulbs when ordering.

2014-2015 Kia Optima KDM Dual Projector Headlights - K5 Optima Store View attachment 249519

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello David, I have thought about ordering the Korean headlights from your website but I cannot seem to pull the trigger.
One factor being that the turn signal is a 1156 lightbulb
And I love the switchbacks on my headlights
Do you know if the US SX headlight with the LED strip also uses a 1156 lightbulb on the turn signal?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,675 Posts
hello David, I have thought about ordering the Korean headlights from your website but I cannot seem to pull the trigger.
One factor being that the turn signal is a 1156 lightbulb
And I love the switchbacks on my headlights
Do you know if the US SX headlight with the LED strip also uses a 1156 lightbulb on the turn signal?
Hey Ever,

I think you mean do we sell the US SX headlights with the LED strip that also uses a 1157 turn signal bulb, right?

That does not exist my friend, as you cannot have both. Kia designed all of the headlamps that have the LED strip to use 1156 bulbs.

This is because the LED strip acts as a type of "Daytime Running Light" so the parking lights, which are what the 1157 bulbs create, are not needed.

Therefore, you have to choose which option you prefer more, the parking lights or upgraded dual projectors with the LED strip built into them.

Keep in mind another bonus with the KDM spec lights is that it gets rid of the ugly amber reflector on the US spec lights. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts