Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Joe glad you got them brother! Good news and bad news though. The covers sent to you were for the wrong year. :( This is why they appear loose in the pics.

The good news is, I will be shipping you out a brand new set at no charge with a return shipping label to Canada on Thursday. :cool:
Thank you again as always David, it makes sense now as to why it was slightly loose but THANK YOU very much for your quick response and helping me through this. Now the BAD thing is I gotta wait for another week or so to get it :( J/K and our Canadian custom sucks ass lol.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you again as always David, it makes sense now as to why it was slightly loose but THANK YOU very much for your quick response and helping me through this. Now the BAD thing is I gotta wait for another week or so to get it :( J/K and our Canadian custom sucks ass lol.
You're very welcome Joe. Good news, just got them today and will be shipping them out to you. ;)

·
Registered
2013 Optima
330 Posts
So do these slip over the factory leather?

·
Registered
2013 Optima
330 Posts
Oh, that is probably outside of my talent then lol

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So do these slip over the factory leather?
Nope they go over the factory headrest but replace the OEM cover.

No it a replacement. Requires removing of the stock leather cover replacing it with these.
Yep exactly! Thanks Ben, now where's the pics of them installed on your ride? :poke:

Oh, that is probably outside of my talent then lol
Oh I promise, it literally takes an auto upholstery shop all of about 5-10 minutes tops with the right tools. I watched mine being done in less than 10.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,486 Posts
quick question to verify I select the right one...
I have a 2012 Spicy Red with a the two-toned interior. Its a black and beige as I call it. Is that the tan version? Help me out here so I select the right product.

Also, what is this K5 Optima Store forum member discount people talk about? :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
quick question to verify I select the right one...
I have a 2012 Spicy Red with a the two-toned interior. Its a black and beige as I call it. Is that the tan version? Help me out here so I select the right product.

Also, what is this K5 Optima Store forum member discount people talk about? :)
Hey Jason,

When you are on the website and checking out the images, you'll notice that the pictures will change as you select the different color options. This is the best way to ensure you are seeing what you are ordering before making your decision. As for the "K5 Optima Store forum member discount", send me a PM or email and I'll get you taken care of.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,486 Posts
Ordered mine tonight. Your Order ID is: #4642, thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Let's try this again, Thank you David for getting me the correct size and solving my issue. Now it fits perfectly and I couldn't be any happier :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Let's try this again, Thank you David for getting me the correct size and solving my issue. Now it fits perfectly and I couldn't be any happier :)

You're very welcome DINO. These look 10X better now!!! Glad you got them installed.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Those look great Julian, good call on the two toned option! Thank you again for your business.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Pic of my setup!!!

Thank you for posting.

Question.
In the pictures, the black headrest looks darker than my seats. I have a 2011 SX-T with the Black Leather/GreyTrim, however my seats seem lighter in colour.
Or am I mistaken?
The leather is not the same as the OEM leather. It is much more plusher and the Katzkin leather may appear a little off in color, but not by much. You can't really tell much of a difference after you've had them installed for a few weeks.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
114 Posts
Those headrest covers look great!

What about seat covers? Are their any quality leather seat covers available? I have grey leather interior and would love to have black leather to contrast the swp exterior color. Thanks!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Those headrest covers look great!
Thanks, I think so too! :thumbsup:

What about seat covers? Are their any quality leather seat covers available? I have grey leather interior and would love to have black leather to contrast the swp exterior color. Thanks!
We do not sell seat covers, however we are an authorized distributor for Katzkin and can order leather seat replacement material for your vehicle. It is a bit pricey but the quality is outstanding. Everything Katzkin makes is made here in the US and comes with a nice warranty as well. Let us know if you're interested in pricing info.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts