Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried getting the remote start to work even paid a professional installer and still couldn’t figure out why it won’t work.... thinking it’s not made to work for 2020 model. Has anyone installed them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
Very complex installation, so guess they'll need to check all the documentation available from the K5 store.
From the K5 site:
Installation:
Due to the complexity of the install, we have created a dedicated K5OS CCM Knowledge Base complete with all the documentation you will need for the installation, setup, and programming of the Canbus Control Module.
The Knowledge Base includes wiring diagrams, testing and setup documentation, programming procedures, as well as a detailed install walk through complete with pictures.

We even have a dedicated support email address for any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding the Canbus Control Module.

Check the following and select firmware version as it will give all info needed, but trying to get help from people on the Forum is going to be a challenge as I don't believe anyone would be able to diagnos installation from afar:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very complex installation, so guess they'll need to check all the documentation available from the K5 store.
From the K5 site:
Installation:
Due to the complexity of the install, we have created a dedicated K5OS CCM Knowledge Base complete with all the documentation you will need for the installation, setup, and programming of the Canbus Control Module.
The Knowledge Base includes wiring diagrams, testing and setup documentation, programming procedures, as well as a detailed install walk through complete with pictures.

We even have a dedicated support email address for any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding the Canbus Control Module.

Check the following and select firmware version as it will give all info needed, but trying to get help from people on the Forum is going to be a challenge as I don't believe anyone would be able to diagnos installation from afar:
Yeah we went through everything did all steps no luck my installer will try calling again Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
We are closed on the weekends, however, happy to hear that my email response today allowed the installer to get it working.

@Lz.Battle please make sure to report back here when you have a chance and confirm all is well.

Also, if you don't mind, please post in our forum thread found here as well: [VENDOR][FS]: - K5OS - Canbus Control Module - K5 Optima Store

David

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts