Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I've tried several parts suppliers and cannot even find a way to view the part I need. The sellers don't seem to even know this part exists, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong area or what, I cannot find this bolt!

The bolt and washer go into the bottom of the strut to hold the speed sensor or abs sensor or whatever those cables are. The strut shows where the bolts go, as circled here:

White Organism Font Line Gas

I'm not talking about the big fat bolt 54645 shown there, that goes through those big holes to hold the strut to the knuckle. The bolt I need is much smaller and just holds on a little bracket from the cable.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'm guessing it is metric, but could be wrong. I would grab my junk box full of misc screws and find one that fits, then figure out the thread size and length needed to hold the bracket. HD and Lowe's have specialty screws that might work, and matching washers.
Good luck brother...

Reactions: eliot22

·
Registered
2019 Optima S, Horizon Blue
19 Posts
exactly what he said
I'm guessing it is metric, but could be wrong. I would grab my junk box full of misc screws and find one that fits, then figure out the thread size and length needed to hold the bracket. HD and Lowe's have specialty screws that might work, and matching washers.
Good luck brother...

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,575 Posts
Just had them off on Saturday. That bolt has the flat washer under the head and it's not removable,
and it's stubby. Size, don't know, but as I couldn't find one that I removed, had an extra one in the RX7 bin,
but then I found the sucker hiding under a piece of cardboard.

Maybe call a dealer as they have more illustrations than what's on the 'net.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
238 Posts
OK I've tried several parts suppliers and cannot even find a way to view the part I need. The sellers don't seem to even know this part exists, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong area or what, I cannot find this bolt!

The bolt and washer go into the bottom of the strut to hold the speed sensor or abs sensor or whatever those cables are. The strut shows where the bolts go, as circled here:

View attachment 250552

I'm not talking about the big fat bolt 54645 shown there, that goes through those big holes to hold the strut to the knuckle. The bolt I need is much smaller and just holds on a little bracket from the cable.
Surprisingly my local Ace Hardware has a lot of metric nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mcmaster Carr will have the correct size, style, and grade of hardware. That's where I get the weird and unusual size metric fasteners use on my 05 GTO.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX
42 Posts
i would call a local dealer and have them look. It should be in the braking system. I believe what you are looking for is circled in the photo. I can call a dealer Monday if you’d like.
Font Line Parallel Auto part Engineering

1 - 7 of 7 Posts