Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
i wish jersey would do this but i would prob. end up shooting alot of people that piss me off everyday lmao.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Imagine they allowed this in ny....ohh boyyyy lolll

They do, you just have to jump through hoops to get one and pay a lot of $$$$$ for different permits...

New Jersey on the other hand is different as usually you have to work in the Security field to get one...

Just a tad bit of info on CCW in NY here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_York

"New York is a "may-issue" state, in that the individual licensing official (typically a local police chief or sheriff) has discretion to issue a license or permit to possess handguns, or carry a concealed firearm. The licensing authority may require the licensee go through firearms training and education, or dictate the conditions under which a permit holder can possess handguns or carry a concealed weapon. Unlike other "may issue" states where permits are typically valid statewide regardless of the locality in which they are issued, New York State concealed carry permits are not automatically valid statewide, and some localities do not recognize permits issued from elsewhere in the state. Additionally, New York does not recognize concealed carry permits issued by any other state, and non-residents are generally forbidden from obtaining a New York State permit.The varied New York licensing and permit authorities has resulted in confusing handgun licensing policies, which a licensee must nevertheless abide by when outside the jurisdiction of permit issuing authority. For example, regardless of license, all New York residents with a concealed carry permit must still obtain a New York State Pistol License, apply for a purchase document for each handgun purchased, and may possess only those handguns the license holder has registered with the state.[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP]
Of all the states that issue carry pistol licenses, New York State has arguably the strictest handgun licensing policies in the nation.[SUP][9][/SUP] New York City, which is effectively a "no-issue" jurisdiction for carry pistol licenses,[SUP][10][/SUP] has even stricter laws, including those regulating handguns exclusively kept at home, thereby making it difficult to virtually impossible for ordinary citizens to obtain, possess, or carry firearms lawfully within New York City.[SUP][11][/SUP] Permits have been issued, however, to a small number of celebrities, politicians, attorneys and other well-connected individuals."

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I would not recommend this for the defense of my life or that of a loved one.

Im glad u said that cause I sure wanted to... Hornady Critical Defense or XTP is all I use in my carry gun, also 45 ACP...

I would not trust #12 shot in 45 ACP at all, I know what the same in a .22LR does coming out of the barrel 1.75 - 2X as fast and at 10-12 yards it will barely go through an aluminum soda can...

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,926 Posts
I am 65 years old living in Canada are we naive or stupid but for the life of me why do u want that ?
I work and commute to a town of almost a million people every day. The area I work in isn't the best of neighborhoods, and I've been approached by sketchy people on many occasions, one of whom tried to open my door handle at a stoplight to get in my car.

I like to know that just in case I get in a bad position, I can defend myself or others - whether it be an attempted carjacking, robbery, or someone else in a bad spot.

This isn't Canada - we have lots of crime and plenty of reasons to carry, IMO.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I work and commute to a town of almost a million people every day. The area I work in isn't the best of neighborhoods, and I've been approached by sketchy people on many occasions, one of whom tried to open my door handle at a stoplight to get in my car.

I like to know that just in case I get in a bad position, I can defend myself or others - whether it be an attempted carjacking, robbery, or someone else in a bad spot.

This isn't Canada - we have lots of crime and plenty of reasons to carry, IMO.
It is our 2nd Amendment Right not only for personal protection but also protection from tyranny... Nuff Said... ;)

On a side note Crime is horrible where I live in the South East so I dont leave home without my 45 ACP. Plus the relationship I am in (interracial) causes a lot issues in these parts due to racism... Better to leave home packing to protect myself and my fiance legally than illegally...

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
Plus the relationship I am in (interracial) causes a lot issues in these parts due to racism...
Man people need to get a **** life. Shouldn't be any of their business who you are with. SMH. I hate racism. But yeah man. Way to look out for yourself and your lady. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
people really suck still with racism. its all because it was instilled from there parents or guardians... very sad.. i hope jersey does pass the law to carry... from what i know you are only aloud to carry if you have about 10k on you or if you are a bodyguard...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Man people need to get a **** life. Shouldn't be any of their business who you are with. SMH. I hate racism. But yeah man. Way to look out for yourself and your lady. :thumbsup:
Yea it sucks and is stupid cause we all bleed red & are the same on the inside!!!

people really suck still with racism. its all because it was instilled from there parents or guardians... very sad.. i hope jersey does pass the law to carry... from what i know you are only aloud to carry if you have about 10k on you or if you are a bodyguard...
This is very very very much true!! I hear it all the time regarding the parents/grandparents/guardians crap, it sucks!!! Get over it already FFS...

As for Jersey yea the firearm laws there suck and have recently gotten worse!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just found this thread and loved reading it. Glad to see there seams to be quite a few fellow Concealed Carry people on here. My favorite carry weapon is a Colt Commander 1911 and second choice is my Browning Hi Power .40SW. If I'm wearing something that doesn't allow those I'll carry my Colt 1911 .380 and when I need deep concealment I have a North American Arms Guardian .32 pocket pistol. I carry the Colts and Browning cocked and locked which means one in the chamber with the hammer cocked and safety on. The Guardian is double action only with no safety so it has one chambered ready for action.

I don't leave my home without protection and haven't since concealed carry passed in Texas. In 2011 it became legal to carry a firearm concealed in your car in Texas without a permit but you must have one to carry on your person. This right to carry comes with a heavy responsibility one must be willing to accept and should not be taken lightly.

Forgot who it was but someone was talking about the importance of practice, and I agree completely. Everything you have to do should be muscle reaction and something you don't have to stop and think about. Target acquisition should be second nature. I can't even come close to guessing how many hours I've spent practicing with each of the above mentioned weapons. Very seldom will I miss more than a couple of weeks without some practice but I'll admit that it's a lot easier for me as I live in the country and load most of my practice ammo. I never carry reloads for self defense and don't advise anyone to do so either. The ramifications could prove very bad.

Keep your powder dry.

·
Registered
71 Posts
""I'll carry my Colt 1911 .380""

Are you talking about the Mustang Pocketlite?

Just found this thread and loved reading it. Glad to see there seams to be quite a few fellow Concealed Carry people on here. My favorite carry weapon is a Colt Commander 1911 and second choice is my Browning Hi Power .40SW. If I'm wearing something that doesn't allow those I'll carry my Colt 1911 .380 and when I need deep concealment I have a North American Arms Guardian .32 pocket pistol. I carry the Colts and Browning cocked and locked which means one in the chamber with the hammer cocked and safety on. The Guardian is double action only with no safety so it has one chambered ready for action.

I don't leave my home without protection and haven't since concealed carry passed in Texas. In 2011 it became legal to carry a firearm concealed in your car in Texas without a permit but you must have one to carry on your person. This right to carry comes with a heavy responsibility one must be willing to accept and should not be taken lightly.

Forgot who it was but someone was talking about the importance of practice, and I agree completely. Everything you have to do should be muscle reaction and something you don't have to stop and think about. Target acquisition should be second nature. I can't even come close to guessing how many hours I've spent practicing with each of the above mentioned weapons. Very seldom will I miss more than a couple of weeks without some practice but I'll admit that it's a lot easier for me as I live in the country and load most of my practice ammo. I never carry reloads for self defense and don't advise anyone to do so either. The ramifications could prove very bad.

Keep your powder dry.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I never carry reloads for self defense and don't advise anyone to do so either. The ramifications could prove very bad.

Keep your powder dry.
I could not agree more with this statement as you are asking for trouble using reloads for self defense.. I agree 100% with the rest of your post but this one stood out the most from a fellow reloader! "Hunting" with reloads is way different than "Self Defense"...

To bad the dicks that run California like to control our freedom here.
Why I love the state I live in, CCW Permit from start to finish in 10 days...

·
Registered
516 Posts
""I'll carry my Colt 1911 .380""

Are you talking about the Mustang Pocketlite?
It's not a Mustang, it's a Colt MK IV / Series 80 Government Model .380 Auto. It is identical to the Government Model .45 ACP, just smaller and is supposed to be exact scale. I really like how it shoots and feels. The Mustang has a shorter grip and is just a small bit smaller all around.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, my Mustang is very concealable. Lite and flat. I had a carry package done on mine by SM&A. Very quick to target and on double taps. The .380 has come a long way.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yeah, my Mustang is very concealable. Lite and flat. I had a carry package done on mine by SM&A. Very quick to target and on double taps. The .380 has come a long way.
The .380 is darn near identical to anything equal in a 115gr 9mm round, with current bullet & powder combinations... Bullet & Powder Manufacturers have came a long way... As have the firearm makers...

·
Registered
'13 SX-T Prem/Tech
837 Posts
Hoping I never wished I carried a gun. Been pretty fortunate so far and I am a white guy who dresses decent and practice as a counselor going into people's homes in low income neighborhoods everyday. Some shady situations but so far haven't felt the need for it. I'd be afraid of road rage situations going south quick-like. I don't know...but I just don't like guns. I've read on here that it "takes great responsibility" and what sound like oaths and pledges to "do the right thing" etc. But not everybody is responsible. And not everybody cares to follow oaths. And there's no way to weed those folks out. So IMO as long as guns are legal there will be a need for them. And let the blasting begin!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Hoping I never wished I carried a gun. Been pretty fortunate so far and I am a white guy who dresses decent and practice as a counselor going into people's homes in low income neighborhoods everyday. Some shady situations but so far haven't felt the need for it. I'd be afraid of road rage situations going south quick-like. I don't know...but I just don't like guns. I've read on here that it "takes great responsibility" and what sound like oaths and pledges to "do the right thing" etc. But not everybody is responsible. And not everybody cares to follow oaths. And there's no way to weed those folks out. So IMO as long as guns are legal there will be a need for them. And let the blasting begin!
My only comment for this is "Those that want guns to harm others, will always find a way to get them, Legal or "NOT"... I live in the 10th most dangerous city with a population of 75,000 to 99,999.. I have a 2nd Amendment Right to protect not only myself but my family from anyone that wants to engage in illegal activities inside my home or on my property where I should feel safe...

41 - 60 of 69 Posts