Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my application and $6 off 3 weeks ago, today after about 20 minutes (including wait time) and $14 I walked out with my license to carry a concealed weapon in the great state of Pennsylvania. :) (except Philly)

Niceeeeeee

·
Registered
145 Posts
Lucky. Me being a felon and all, am never going to be legally allowed to possess a firearm. Especially since 3 of my felonies are "felonious use of a firearm". I loved my guns. I wish the state police would give them back. But congrats man.

·
Registered
2015 BMW M235i
2,821 Posts
Dropped my application and $6 off 3 weeks ago, today after about 20 minutes (including wait time) and $14 I walked out with my license to carry a concealed weapon in the great state of Pennsylvania. :) (except Philly)

Niceeeeeee
:applause:

Lucky. Me being a felon and all, am never going to be legally allowed to possess a firearm. Especially since 3 of my felonies are "felonious use of a firearm". I loved my guns. I wish the state police would give them back. But congrats man.
Ouch , that sucks man :\

·
Bazinga!
Optima
1,961 Posts
lol what did you do wrong?

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jimmerz: Yeah that's what I meant. The license just read "License to carry a firearm" but it means concealed carry, and i did write that in the OP.

Eric: That sucks man. It does say on the license: Commit a crime and loose your right to carry/own a gun. That's what mine says, and I want to keep this license. :)

G4: Thank you thank you lol. Sorry your state is not truly "free."

·
Registered
145 Posts
@evil possession with intent to distribute marijuana. search warrant for my house. i had 3 guns in my house i was distributing marijuana from.... so 3 felonies. 1 per gun. i knew the rules. but my guns were always locked up at my house. but they said i had the weed in my house and the guns were in the house and since the house was mine, all contents were in my possession at the same time, meaning i was possessing 3 firearms while i was committing the felony of possession with intent to distribute. :(

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@evil possession with intent to distribute marijuana. search warrant for my house. i had 3 guns in my house i was distributing marijuana from.... so 3 felonies. 1 per gun. i knew the rules. but my guns were always locked up at my house. but they said i had the weed in my house and the guns were in the house and since the house was mine, all contents were in my possession at the same time, meaning i was possessing 3 firearms while i was committing the felony of possession with intent to distribute. :(
That's some bullshhit right there. If I'm drinking at my house and have my car keys around am I guilty of DUI because I might drive? (which I never would) It's like being guilty by association. The two are not related in your case.

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats Jasper!

Welcome to the club :)

Pa just became one citizen safer. Carry often, carry safely
Thanks bud. Now i need to get a holster, some looser pants lol, and a holster with adapter to mount up under the steering wheel. Having my gun makes me feel safer for sure. Now I'll be safe most places. (except these retarded gun-free zones.) Just joined the local gun club as well. Going saturday.

·
Bazinga!
Optima
1,961 Posts
That sucks man. We have both been down that road, but it sounds like you got it worse than me.

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have my CZ 75 P-07 9mm. Might look into a smaller gun for CC. The 75 is darn near a full sized gun. Mostly want it in my car though, and the manual safety makes for a quick shot if needed, and holds 16 + 1.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's some bullshhit right there. If I'm drinking at my house and have my car keys around am I guilty of DUI because I might drive? (which I never would) It's like being guilty by association. The two are not related in your case.
yea i know. paid alot of money for a few lawyers to work on this for me, but no luck. 14 months later i was in jail... so just be careful not to be committing any crimes anywhere near your guns or you will end up like me, just looking at pictures of guns on the internet. lol. my wife and kids cant even have a gun now because of me.

·
Registered
2015 BMW M235i
2,821 Posts
I have my CZ 75 P-07 9mm. Might look into a smaller gun for CC. The 75 is darn near a full sized gun. Mostly want it in my car though, and the manual safety makes for a quick shot if needed, and holds 16 + 1.
Dude only way to carry is full size double stack .45 :crazy:

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude my double stack 16 round 9mm will take someone down. Home defense rounds for the first 5 bullets, FMJ for the rest.

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brings me to my next question: How should the gun be configured while I carry it in my car? Empty chamber? One in the chamber? If I have one in the chamber with the hammer down, it's manual safety. I have a full pull then. One in with the hammer back, I can have the safety on. Which is better? Empty chamber? One in hammer down manual safety? Or one in, hammer back, and safety on?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Brings me to my next question: How should the gun be configured while I carry it in my car? Empty chamber? One in the chamber? If I have one in the chamber with the hammer down, it's manual safety. I have a full pull then. One in with the hammer back, I can have the safety on. Which is better? Empty chamber? One in hammer down manual safety? Or one in, hammer back, and safety on?
none in chamber. it takes 1 second to pull back and load it and with the pull back, the hammer is also back. even tho i am a gun felon, gun safety is a very important thing. just think about it, when was the last time that you needed a gun, fully loaded and ready to fire in a split second? i think if the situation arises, you can take the extra second and pull back to put it in the chamber. plus i am not sure, but in new hampshire you can carry without a permit, but you cant have it loaded in your car. i know, different in each state.

·
Being awesome every day!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
even tho i am a gun felon, gun safety is a very important thing.
Man don't label yourself like that. You did a few things wrong, but nothing that actually involved a gun. We (Or I anyway) don't care that you got busted for what you did. That was then and if you've taken a road away from that, then you are good in my book. All we care about is that you love your Optima :)

Thanks for the advice bro.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts