Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Optima
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are things that I need to look out for, check, recalls, etc? I see some engines are replaced.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
I'm not familiar, what is the Dx?

Can you provide more information on your engine type, trim level, country, etc.?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I'm not familiar, what is the TX?

Can you provide more information on your engine type, trim level, country, etc.?

·
Registered
2011 Optima
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what i see on the pink slip. Ok, so where do i see what model? Or is it just Optima?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
One way to check the trim level is to look at the rear of the vehicle. So you see some silver words or letters that are default, like this? Sometimes these will be removed for a custom look:

For the engine type, you can look under the hood. But another good way to know for sure, is to find your VIN number of your vehicle. You'll see it visible from outside of the vehicle, if you look at the front windshield by the dash.

To determine your engine type using the VIN, see the following information. What is your 8th digit? If it's a 6, you have a 2.0L Turbo. If it's a 7, you have a 2.4L (not turbo).

Kia Optima: Identification Number Description. Vehicle Identification Number - General Information - Kia Optima TF 2011-2020 Service Manual

There are other ways to identify what kind of vehicle you have, but ideally you would want to know as much information about your vehicle so that you can find out the right information. Some of the advice here will be specific to the Turbo engine, and some advice will be specific to the non-turbo. Same with trim level. If you have an LX, or EX, or SX, the body work and other features will be different, so if you have questions about removing a panel or accessing something, you want to know your trim level.

·
Registered
2011 Optima
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks. What i have concern about is of the engine going out. Is this year susceptible to that? Its a non turbo auto.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
Cool, thanks. What i have concern about is of the engine going out. Is this year susceptible to that? Its a non turbo auto.
Welcome to the group and the '11 is a prime candidate, or actually any of the years, but don't despair, make certain all updates, as well as recalls, have been done and you'll be golden, lifetime engine warranty. Updates are not available on the NHTSA website, so check with the dealership to see what needs to be done, if anything.

Just a pain if you're somewhere and the engine decides to have a meltdown.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts