Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the LX/EX bumper instead of the SX? Or were you trying to purchase a part from that bumper to install on the SX bumper?
https://www.oemkiapartsdirect.com/v...2-0l-l4-gas/body--bumper-and-components-front

There is the actual link, I think the diagram is just a generic one for all trims because below it are trim specific variants. Im basically trying to put the air duct vents that come standard on the 2018 EX and LX trims in my SX, which has the 3 square lights there

· Registered
2016 Kia Optima
59 Posts
Ah I see what you're saying - sorry I wasn't too familiar with 2018 models and the differences in vent options.

I would assume it could work that way, but if it were me I'd call them to verify. I've had good experiences with them answering my questions thus far.

My question is if I can swap out my 2016 bumper for the 2018 bumper with fog lights? Might be a long shot, but I know you can do that with the 2016 EX bumper to 2016 SX bumper.

· Registered
2018 Kia Optima
34 Posts
https://www.oemkiapartsdirect.com/v...2-0l-l4-gas/body--bumper-and-components-front

There is the actual link, I think the diagram is just a generic one for all trims because below it are trim specific variants. Im basically trying to put the air duct vents that come standard on the 2018 EX and LX trims in my SX, which has the 3 square lights there
So you dont like the LEDs in the vents? I bought an '18 LX and wish i had your bumper to put the LED's in. Not a fan of the LX bumper.

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,239 Posts
So you dont like the LEDs in the vents? I bought an '18 LX and wish i had your bumper to put the LED's in. Not a fan of the LX bumper.
Keep in mind that the bumpers are the same fitment on all of the 18 models of Optima.

So you could technically buy an SX or SX-L bumper and swap it onto your LX if you wanted to.

· Registered
2018 Kia Optima
34 Posts
https://imgur.com/a/MjmRDJM

Here is a screen shot of the oem parts of an Optima front bumper. Items #9-12 deal with the air ducts, my question is can I get away with only buying #11 and keep the remaining structure of the current setup, or would I need to buy all 4 parts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have an '18 LX, how about we just swap bumpers haha! Wish it was that easy.

· Registered
2018 Kia Optima
34 Posts
Keep in mind that the bumpers are the same fitment on all of the 18 models of Optima.

So you could technically buy an SX or SX-L bumper and swap it onto your LX if you wanted to.
Do you guys envision getting any kind of LED lights that will be compatible with the LX bumper?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.