Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX Premium Touring Package. SWP
39 Posts
Front strut tower brace is something that would have actually helped the drivability of the car

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn't want to be too harsh, but at least you'll like the sound!
I LOVE the sound. It does add something. B4 I had a little bit of top end stumble. Now I don't. Granted it's not like headers or bigger turbo go improvement, but it's a start. I also replaced crappy stock mufflers with thrush turbos. Nothing crazy, just simple sound adjustment. Maybe a hp or 2

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Front strut tower brace is something that would have actually helped the drivability of the car
Correct, it loves the lil bit quicker revs. The Xpedal throttle controller from injen is next. Gud rid of that stupid delay without spending huge $ on a chip. I have a lifted truck that I'm working on so this car is my daily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A word of caution, my Optima bruthas. A fellow Optima SX owner learned the hard way that putting a lot of extras on his vehicle resulted in a voided warranty, and when that dreaded engine fail occurred on his 2012 toy he was out over $5000.00 for the engine repair bill. And that didn't even include all the money he spent on his extras! He warned me not to go any further than the Injen intake system and man am I glad I listened! When my turn came for the rebuild due to the known failure it didn't cost me a penny to have the work done!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,739 Posts
A word of caution, my Optima bruthas. A fellow Optima SX owner learned the hard way that putting a lot of extras on his vehicle resulted in a voided warranty, and when that dreaded engine fail occurred on his 2012 toy he was out over $5000.00 for the engine repair bill. And that didn't even include all the money he spent on his extras! He warned me not to go any further than the Injen intake system and man am I glad I listened! When my turn came for the rebuild due to the known failure it didn't cost me a penny to have the work done!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't plan on a bunch of mods. That's actually for my project lifted truck I'm working on. This car is my daily. Out of curiosity... What's the known problem you had?

·
Registered
39 Posts
He warned me not to go any further than the Injen intake system and man am I glad I listened! When my turn came for the rebuild due to the known failure it didn't cost me a penny to have the work done!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,605 Posts
Been down this road before, it's stated in the summary:
"The burden is on the dealer to prove the aftermarket parts you installed, caused the failure" to which I disagree. The dealership will state that the warranty
is voided due to the non OEM equipment, then the owner would be required to counteract that assessment, probably though litigation.

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX
13 Posts
Like the intake, minus the mini filters. Does it really make the bov sound(assuming thats what you're after) that much louder than with just the intake? Mine is already loud enough (outside the car) when I hit it hard and let off just going through the open air filter on the intake. But i know peeps love to hear the sound in the car all the time.

And doing some light mods(even the chip/tune) are really easy to take out if you had to go for a blown motor. I kept all my original parts, sure would cost me maybe $1k to put all back on in the worst case scenario... but I get to enjoy the car much more.

But to each his own, keep on keepin on!

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX
13 Posts
Err not even that much. Maybe a few hundred or could really do it all myself over a weekend... easy to do for saving $5k on a motor (plus maybe a couple tow truck deals to get it to my house/ then the dealership if I had to).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Like the intake, minus the mini filters. Does it really make the bov sound(assuming thats what you're after) that much louder than with just the intake? Mine is already loud enough (outside the car) when I hit it hard and let off just going through the open air filter on the intake. But i know peeps love to hear the sound in the car all the time.

And doing some light mods(even the chip/tune) are really easy to take out if you had to go for a blown motor. I kept all my original parts, sure would cost me maybe $1k to put all back on in the worst case scenario... but I get to enjoy the car much more.

But to each his own, keep on keepin on!
sorry its taken me so long to answer, yes if you put a breather on factory bov, you can hear it very clearly. zero performance help or hurt. strickly noise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.