Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading article and confirming with local Kia dealer, the debut of the K5/Optima will be June 30, 2020.

I’m assuming pricing and features will be made known then and should be arriving at dealer by July or August. I’m planning on trading in my 2015 Kia Optima EX with 130k miles and getting one with AWD fully loaded.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,265 Posts
Looking forward to seeing and driving this new beauty. Found a video posted by KIA Worldwide:

If they could launch the K5 GT looking like it does from the factory, that would be nice. It’s a shame that they aren’t putting theAWD system on the GT, just the 1.6T.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would be a shame to not offer AWD on the GT model, but the article isn't conclusive on that. We will know more in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,180 Posts
I keep getting hung up on the rear. It's like you get the "wagon" type of visual appearance and styling of a hatchback, but don't get any of the physical benefits of a hatchback because it's a trunk, not a hatchback.

Reminds of the fake vents used on the Stinger. I feel like the K5 has a fake hatchback because it's just a trunk?

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,265 Posts
That coupe styling is in these days, even if it’s not a hatch, people are buying them because it’s different. For me though, if they did a lifted wagon version, with AWD, with the 2.5T and a hybrid system, I would take that over a SUV. It doesn’t even have to have the full power of the 2.5T, a LPT version and electric system pushing over 300 HP/TQ would be good enough for me. As it is, we are eyeing the 2021 Sorento Hybrid, or PHEV, if that one doesn’t come in at a crazy price. It will have the 1.6T paired with an electric motor, not exactly what I want but for now, it will do.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
368 Posts
You would think the higher powered car would offer AWD as an option to put all that power to the ground. Don't think it's necessary for the 1.6.....

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,675 Posts
I'm excited for it. We already have some new K5 Emblems for it, and center console trays, but are getting in more parts each month. :)

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,265 Posts
Any idea if it will come with the new KIA badge? Or will you guys have those for upcoming and current KIA vehicles.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,675 Posts
Any idea if it will come with the new KIA badge? Or will you guys have those for upcoming and current KIA vehicles.
We have the brand new "K5" badge for the rear trunk emblem. However, the main emblems we have not received any of as of now.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima
578 Posts
There's an annoying trend now to have a higher-end, bigger-engine model (like the GT), but NOT offer the full suite of options in it. There are lots of us, I think, who would like what is now the SX-L, meaning with all the bells and whistles, with the 2.5t engine.

The details are still kinda sketchy, but if I'm reading right, the 1.6t engine will be the main "up-scale" engine option until the GT comes out. And the GT is apparently going to be limited as far as options go. Puzzles me. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,486 Posts
I like the refreshed design however I cannot get past how large the hood is and how far forward it comes. Looks weird, like an over hang or over bite to me. Maybe if I see it in person though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts