Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
95 Posts
Could the connectors (brown leads and rainbow leads) go to either map sensor? When I reinstalled the jb4, I put the rainbow leads to the manifold. Went for a ride and my car felt somewhat faster than before.
I checked my loggs and I had a peak boost of 26psi. I switched the leads and my car runs as good but I hadn't had the chance to get another logg.
Prior reinstalling, I had a peak boost of 24. Maybe it's due to the fact that my ecu is relearning since I reset it?
I installed the JB4 today. Supposedly the rainbow pair goes to the boost sensor on the charge pipe and the pair with the brown wires goes to the MAP sensor on the intake manifold. The set of wires with connector that goes to the OBD port are self explanatory. The fuel wires provided are 2 black wires 1 short and 1 long. 4 cylinder uses the long one and the six uses long and short i believe. On an email and write ups it says to connect the long one to the signal wire/white wire on the AFR sensor which they sell a pigtail and said it is the #2 wire but looks like the #6 on the harness as they are all numbered on it. This will be crucial I think because I also purchased the WMI kit. So I will update when I get some more info but for now it's into the white wire anyway.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
95 Posts
I sent a data log and it is confirmed that the fuel wire goes to the white wire on the AFR sensor which happens to be the #6 wire on their adapter and not #2. 22.9 psi was the best boost I got at one point on map 2 93 octane and no knock during the log but when i stopped to look at the finished log and pull away of course i got a little pinging only that one time on my drive.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
95 Posts
Another data logging and I hit 24.6 psi. of boost. Did notice pinging at a point with 93 octane on map 2 so went with map 1 for the first time and still feels good no ping yet. Topped 22 psi. I believe but I fat fingered something and lost the log. I think a leftover winter gas mix is to blame. idk WMI with WMI map hoping for good results to come.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts