Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX
19 Posts
No knock, runs like a champ. Only other “mod” is a K&N drop in panel. I’m hoping to do OCCs soon.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
236 Posts
Did you ever get to dyno the car? Would be interesting to see how it compares to a LAP3 Uncle Chip for performance.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
948 Posts
Installed my jb4. Thanks to the instructions here. The only issue in had was figuring how I'm going to secure the unit. I tucked in between the battery and the battery liner.
I'm on map1 and it pulls nicely.
Will stay on map1 for a while and in spring I'll switch to map2. What's nice about map 1 and 2, I can use 91 octane as per bms. Will probably end up getting the bluetooth module so I can cue gauges and make changes on the fly. The only thing that confused me a bit is the connector with the brown wires that are shorter than the rainbow ones goes to the manifold which is further.. went for a spin and all is good. Left the plug gap at .028.
20200212_164431.jpg
20200212_164425.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
948 Posts
Map1 on 91 octane is great. Pulls hard. I filled up with 94 today. Will get some loggs on map2 soon.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
948 Posts
Map 3 on 94 was just "ok" . Acceptable but wanted more so I added 3oz of boostane to a full tank which brings me up to 97 octane. Map 3 on 97 looks a lot better. Pulls hard. Not sure what it does on the 1/4 mile but I'm happy with how the car performs. At 25psi with hks plugs intake and 3" dp, I figure I'm at about 360hp. I should dyno it on all maps and see what gains I get.
Only issue with my current mods/performance is....I want a Stinger GT2. 😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I've noticed many forums and videos on the Kia stinger with burger Motorsports jb4 destroying the streets. But us optima owners haven't gotten much love unless it's talking about lap3 tunes. Ive had jb4 on other cars and loved it but not on the optima. I guess I will be one first to have jb4 on a optima since no one has talked about it. Can't wait to see the results!
Hey my friend I installed it on my 19 sxl and it's awesome but the bug bite me and now it's all out I did Megan midpipe muffler delete AEM cold air sound plate oil catch can and I just ordered the snow performance water meth stage 2 kit it pulls pretty hard I'm already running vp race gas on map 5 it's great

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
948 Posts
So I've since started using boostane to get the octane to 97 for map 3 and my loggs look a lot better.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX
19 Posts
I just bought a new house...close at the end of June. This is relevant because my new closest gas station with 93 octane is 5 miles away and on the way to everything! Instead of being 20 miles away and completely out of the way. I’ll be able to regularly run 93 soon!

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
948 Posts
Could the connectors (brown leads and rainbow leads) go to either map sensor? When I reinstalled the jb4, I put the rainbow leads to the manifold. Went for a ride and my car felt somewhat faster than before.
I checked my loggs and I had a peak boost of 26psi. I switched the leads and my car runs as good but I hadn't had the chance to get another logg.
Prior reinstalling, I had a peak boost of 24. Maybe it's due to the fact that my ecu is relearning since I reset it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates on this JP4 tuner? I've just ordered one for an install on my '12 Optima SX that I run 93 octane in always. Just curious how it's working out for others and to determine what map I can get away with on a stock '12 SX. (I'm assuming map 1 for sure and possibly map 2 though I may need to up my octane with Boostane or E85 mix for that.) Just curious. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX
19 Posts
Any updates on this JP4 tuner? I've just ordered one for an install on my '12 Optima SX that I run 93 octane in always. Just curious how it's working out for others and to determine what map I can get away with on a stock '12 SX. (I'm assuming map 1 for sure and possibly map 2 though I may need to up my octane with Boostane or E85 mix for that.) Just curious. Thanks in advance.
Make sure you upgrade your spark plugs. There’s a thread on here somewhere. But basically any tune needs to have the race plugs.
Running 93 you should be good on Map 2. They guys are Burger Motor Sports (makers of JB4) checked my pull data and said Map 2 was good at 91 or 93 octane and they said not to do an E85 blend. Hope you enjoy the tune!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts