Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I got my new board and set it up on map 1 (also could I run map 2?) I have HKS spark plugs and a injen cold air intake. But anyway. It’s causing a cel and some light on my dash that was never there before. Any help please? Does my install look correct? Also really wondering if map 2 would hurt anything without DP’s

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed the issue talked to ando but what about the check engine light? Is that an issue?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It says it’s code 0302 and 2565 a misfire and something with the turbo will these cause any issues with my car? They only started when installed the jb4

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also idle seems kinda rough can someone please give some info or help/suggestions?

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
128 Posts
Hks makes many different models. It's like saying I have a kia vs I have a kia optima SXL. You have HKS spark plugs XXXXXXX etc. Exactly what plugs do you have. How much was the set, or where did you buy them. (Will help figure out if you have the right ones or not)

With the advanced timing boost and tune in play they require a specific plug. If you have the wrong one. You will get misfires, poor preformance and possible detonation of your engine.

People have also noted using tune on wrong octane setting giving them issues. But I'm not sure about that one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quick solution to your answer, pull the intake off if the car works fine again it's your intake.. the intakes can cause turbo related problems on some vehicles. I had a sonic that the boost sensor went completely nuts weird part is it was literally no where near the intake 😂 so it's like how!!!!!????? if it still works bad try looking at the plugs, coil pack, also a dirty MAF sensor can cause turbo related trouble codes and also some odd misfiring going on. Sometimes custom intakes make them angry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Whoa hold on that red light in the pic isn't a check engine light. It's an airbag light. Look at it closely its a figure in a seat with a ball (the airbag) the other red light on the right is telling you that the doors are open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts