Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2021 K5 First look reviews are dropping, full reviews to follow.

·
Registered
2013 Optima SWP
446 Posts
Decontented GT trim. Disappointing to say the least.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
1,693 Posts
I'm not a fan of the "fake" hatchback styling.

They literally put a decoy fake dark window-wannabe thing on top of the trunk.

I feel like I have to choose between two fake options: 1) fake hatchback trunk thing on the K5, or 2) fake cosmetic hood vents on the Stinger.

I thought Kia would work harder to make an impression that is based on substance. I just hate the fake wannabe design elements that scream "I'm trying too hard to impress you"

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a design feature, different and unique. It would have been great if they made it a hatchback however, that would probably turn off some buyers, in the US market at least. Folks say they hate hatchbacks but give them a jacked up "wagon" and call it a coupe SUV and they will pay even more money for it.

For me it is a really nice design that fits the original Optima styling from the 2011 design.

·
Registered
2013 Optima SWP
446 Posts
Base LX trim starting at $23,490
GT starting at $30,490

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The GT will be around $36-38K, with the $4K GT1 package, options and special paint colors (Passion Red, Glacier White Pearl and Wolf Gray). I see they are marketing it wit more power than a 330 or A4. I wish KIA would finally get around to doing auto up/down windows on all doors. They should have made the GT with HK system or Krell as in Korea for that upscale touch. I also noticed they aren't doing the rotary dial for gear changes. Hyundai went full bore with their button setup, I figured on the lower level, up to EX they would get the rotary dial and the GT would have gotten an electronic shifter like the Stinger. Maybe later they will bring a GT2 AWD version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts