Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Bought my 2013 Optima SX a few months ago. I knew before I bought it that I would get a turbo tuner for it...ended up with the JB4 on a strong recommendation from a friend, and I am VERY happy with that decision (see the write up here: https://www.optimaforums.com/threads/jb4-tune-kia-optima.169869/#post-2225317) . Rotors were a little wobbly and pads were low so I've got the new GEOMET cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads arriving today from R1 Concepts, and I dropped in a K&N replacement panel.

So, what's next? The tuner and breaks were pretty pricey...I'm looking for some cheaper options for now. What do you think I should get, and what will it do for me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
333 Posts
Hey everyone! Bought my 2013 Optima SX a few months ago. I knew before I bought it that I would get a turbo tuner for it...ended up with the JB4 on a strong recommendation from a friend, and I am VERY happy with that decision (see the write up here: https://www.optimaforums.com/threads/jb4-tune-kia-optima.169869/#post-2225317) . Rotors were a little wobbly and pads were low so I've got the new GEOMET cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads arriving today from R1 Concepts, and I dropped in a K&N replacement panel.

So, what's next? The tuner and breaks were pretty pricey...I'm looking for some cheaper options for now. What do you think I should get, and what will it do for me?

Thanks!
Tinker with your sound system.

If you don't have a sub, you can get a passable upgrade with a simple low-pass filter add on, and by upgrading your other speakers to models with more drivers and different impedance values.

LED conversion is also a terrific option.

Add footwell and sill plate lights as well to make things interesting.

Good luck!

(Also, I'm not too sure about those R1 Concepts brakes... I replaced mine after they noticeably lost grip. They were also Very noisy. I switched to Cquence Brakes, and have never looked back.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts