Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used 2018 Optima SXL and am loving it so far. It's a beautiful car and us very comfortable to drive. My question is if it's supposed to come with wireless charging? All the videos I saw of the car before purchasing it showed that this model comes with wireless charging but mine doesn't for some reason. It was originally purchased in Utah but I got it used in Reno Nevada if that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @Canti. Congrats on getting your 2018 Optima SX-L

I thought all the SX-L models came fully loaded with every option. (At least the older SX-L models did)

We do sell an aftermarket wireless charging kit that is custom designed and manufactured only to fit the 16-20 Optima models.

In case you want to check it out, you can see it on our site here: 2016-2020 Kia Optima Wireless Phone Charging Kit - K5 Optima Store

Let me know if you have any questions about this or any of the products we carry on the website. ;)

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums @Canti. Congrats on getting your 2018 Optima SX-L

I thought all the SX-L models came fully loaded with every option. (At least the older SX-L models did)

We do sell an aftermarket wireless charging kit that is custom designed and manufactured only to fit the 16-20 Optima models.

In case you want to check it out, you can see it on our site here: 2016-2020 Kia Optima Wireless Phone Charging Kit - K5 Optima Store

Let me know if you have any questions about this or any of the products we carry on the website. ;)

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
I could be wrong but I seem to recall (i.e., read elsewhere) that U.S.-spec 2018 SXLs didn't offer the wireless charging feature/option, but Canadian-spec'd ones did offer it.

·
Registered
18 optima 2018 sxl
14 Posts
Just bought a used 2018 Optima SXL and am loving it so far. It's a beautiful car and us very comfortable to drive. My question is if it's supposed to come with wireless charging? All the videos I saw of the car before purchasing it showed that this model comes with wireless charging but mine doesn't for some reason. It was originally purchased in Utah but I got it used in Reno Nevada if that helps.
Neither my 2018 SXL nor my son's 2019 SXL have it.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
I'm 70% sure when I bought mine (it's been along time...) one on the lot had it. Also sxl.

Another post here says it was removed from 18s. So I'm not sure..

Was Wireless Qi Charger removed from all the 2018 models?
Maybe earlier 2018s had them but later 2018 builds don't? To be fair, the 2018 owner's manual does make reference of it; however, when I was looking at the trim specs on the Kia website prior purchasing my 2018 back in February 2018 there was no mention of wireless charging as an optional feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts