Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima EX, 100,000+ miles
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a used '14 EX without heated seats.

Do you know if the seat heater wiring is still installed on a car that didn't come with heated seats?

I'm considering replacing a driver's seat because the seat itself if worn out and collapsing. If I get a replacement seat with heating installed, would I be able to find the heater wiring and use the heater? What else would I need to do? To install the switch - would I find the wiring installed on the switch end?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,395 Posts
I'd say no, that the wiring harness wouldn't be the same with or w/o heated seats.
Best bet is to purchase aftermarket seat heater elements and do an install.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say no, that the wiring harness wouldn't be the same with or w/o heated seats.
Best bet is to purchase aftermarket seat heater elements and do an install.
Thanks, yeah I getting to same conclusion :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately, in my experience, you won't succeed. I once tried to do this, and my air conditioner failed and the fuses died. How good that the guys are professionals . These guys helped me fix the air conditioner and restore the wiring and advised me to buy the seat heating elements on the secondary market and do the installation. I did so, now I do not know the troubles, but there was a fear of climbing where there is no experience or rather knowledge. By the way, I advise you to always pull the keys out of the ignition before you do anything :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, in my experience, you won't succeed. I once tried to do this, and my air conditioner failed and the fuses died. How good that the guys are professionals . These guys helped me fix the air conditioner and restore the wiring and advised me to buy the seat heating elements on the secondary market and do the installation. I did so, now I do not know the troubles, but there was a fear of climbing where there is no experience or rather knowledge. By the way, I advise you to always pull the keys out of the ignition before you do anything :)
Thanks for sharing your experience!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts