Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The point is that those crappies control arm do not hold over time : the ball joint give up. A oem control arm is at least 350$CAD and a lifetime warranty aftermarket is 330$ or more. Also, the alluminium ones cannot receive a new ball joint like the steel ones. So I guess the regular optima front lower control arm would fit the hybrid for a third of the price + replaceable ball joint. Have any of you tried ? Here is what I a specking about :
OEM : 545014R000
BeckArnley steel : 1027352
ACDelco Alluminium : 45P0080

Last point, please don't start a debate that alluminium is weight saver and saves fuel. Know that and this is not the point. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,857 Posts
What year Hybrid?
Difficult to determine, but checking OEM parts, the cross-member all the same '11-'15, F&R bushings the same, stabilizer link same '11-'12, knuckle the same for just '11 as '12 for hybrid only, etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a 2013 production date 28.03.2013. I forgot to mention! Thanks for feedback. Good point : il all the link kit are the same and the knuckle, the dimensions should be the same for the lower control arm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bingo! The steel control arm fit and surprinsingly the weight difference is low. So glad I took the risk!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts