Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2015 Kia Optima
Discussion Starter #1
So around a month ago I put the key in the ignition, turned it and everything came on even the gauge cluster did the little start up sequence but the engine did not turn over. So I was thinking maybe I put the key in the wrong way or something so I took the key back out and tried again and the engine started and I didn't have the problem again until this morning. This time the car refused to start 3 times (once again all electrical things working). There鈥檚 no clicking noises or anything and it鈥檚 NOT the battery. Took 20 minutes before the engine decided to turn over this morning. Any idea what the problem could be?

Registered
2011 Kia Optima
Starter getting current?
There are fuses, relays, neutral safety switch etc that current must go through before it reaches the starter, so if power at starter (12+ volts at large terminal and small wire would have power when turning key to start) when turning the key to start, starter bad. If no current work back.

Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
Not sure on this one on what it could be. Could be a ton of different issues based on the explanation.

I'd bring it over to the dealer so they can diagnose the issue for you.

Registered
2015 Kia Optima
Discussion Starter #4
Starter getting current?
There are fuses, relays, neutral safety switch etc that current must go through before it reaches the starter, so if power at starter (12+ volts at large terminal and small wire would have power when turning key to start) when turning the key to start, starter bad. If no current work back.
Im assuming the starter has the correct current. The car started up properly this morning with no issue and has started up the 10+ times I took the key out and restated it.

Registered
2015 Kia Optima
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure on this one on what it could be. Could be a ton of different issues based on the explanation.

I'd bring it over to the dealer so they can diagnose the issue for you.
We called the dealer and they told us just park the car until they can look at it next week. They are however supplying us with a loaner until they actually pick up and repair our car. So that鈥檚 a plus. Can鈥檛 wait to hear the diagnosis hopefully it鈥檚 nothing major.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts