Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just had the intake hose recall done on my 2016 SX. Thought it would just be a precautionary measure. The tech walked me into the service area, and showed me how the hose had actually melted and broke off where it connects to the turbo. He seemed pretty surprised. Glad I had it done. See line 3 of service order below.
Get it checked out!

20190710_194132_resized[7550].jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for clarifying Turbonut. Dealership had to order intake hose, so had to take it in two separate times. I suggest making sure they have intake hose in stock before scheduling the TSB. Could not believe how dried up and crumbly it was. Should have taken a pic.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Amazing' they changed the intake hose on the 2016 2.0T and it turns out to be junk???
Hard to believe so many things screwed up in these cars but at least they changed the hose, n/c when car was in the shop. 2016-2019 same, but probably changed the manufacturing process for 2018.........I hope.

·
Registered
393 Posts
On my '16 SXL ... In Feb '18 I'm showing SA 303A Replaced the Air (Intake) Duct Hose and ECU Upgrade and SA 305A the E-CVVT Cover & Motor Plug.

Chk your Shop Recpts for These SA's IF you keep them as I presume this 303A is what is being discussed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey guys, could somebody please post a pic of what exactly is getting replaced? I'm always checking my car, and at least on the surface, I don't see anything that looks bad. Just hit the 20K-mile mark, so that could be why. But want to carefully check it. Haven't done the knock sensor/ECU crap, which would probably get done even without my permission, so hope my hose is still good. Nobody mentioned any symptoms of a bad 'intake hose', so guess none was bad enough to cause issues yet. Car hasn't been on a trip in a long time, so will take it to Albuquerque in 2 weeks (about a 550-mile trip). After that, might never take it again on the highway, so wouldn't mind getting that pesky 'campaign' done, along with the intake hose if needed. Haven't gotten any letters yet, but probably soon. Thx.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Call your Dealer to Chk your VIN, and advise another '16 SXL had the following Factory Alert work performed (as posted above) in Feb '18 -- SA 303A Replaced the Air (Intake) Duct Hose and ECU Upgrade and SA 305A the E-CVVT Cover & Motor Plug.

Don't know why they didn't get a notice pop-up on your VIN from prior service trips.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had this done last year at my dealership on my 2016 SX, I brought it in for the TSB regarding harsh downshifts and they replaced the intake hose.

CVVT-i plug and cover were replaced over the past winter after I had let the car sit for a few days in 10 degree (F) weather and cold started it, popped out and threw a CEL while dialing back turbo boost. All covered free of charge the next day at the dealership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
Chris Sl8
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing