Kia Optima Forums banner

Installing the Kia Tri-LED Fog Lights On a 2016-2017 Optima LX/EX

[DIY] : 
9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Turbonut 
#1 · (Edited)
It's unfortunate that Kia USA decided NOT to provide owners with fog lights on the 2016-2017 Optima considering Kia has some rather unique fog lights on 2016-2017 Optimas for the rest of the World...Not only is there a Tri-LED version, but there is also a single lens, single bulb version with DRL.

#2 ·
Honestly, the whole fog light thing with the current gen Optima is a mess and makes zero sense.

It seemed like the goal in 2016 was to kill off fog lights entirely in NA, but they offered them in other markets. I'm not even sure why they did this because fog lights are extremely popular on the previous gen Optimas, at least here in So Cal. Now, they are providing fog lights on the new S, SX, and high end EX trim levels for 2018. It's like they can't make up their mind.

#3 ·
Nice work, I wish this were a bit easier, so we could use this to sell this part to our customers.

Unfortunately, I feel this is just a bit too involved for the average customer to knock out on their own.

Either way, great work on the install. You should post up some pics here of how it looks installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.