6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing A Custom "Turbo" Cursive Badge

What you need:

1 x Turbo Badge - Available HERE
1 x Strip of thin 3M Adhesive - Available HERE
Scissors or a razor blade

I plasti-dipped my badge black before installing

Measure out the placement of the badge. It all depends on personal preference, but this thread can help

I placed the "T" first, as it is a separate piece

Cut small strips of the adhesive to put on the back of the badge. I didn't even use all 4 strips seen here.

Shave down the edges of the adhesive if necessary

On the trunk lid

Adhesive on the rest of the badge

I just eyeballed the placement of the rest of the badge. Might not be perfect, but I'll judge in better light and reapply it if necessary

Installed!

I still have plenty of adhesive, which Eric was kind enough to send to me. Any of you that buy this badge, PM me and I'll be happy to send you a small section free of charge. (Until it runs out, that is)

·
05/2015 ROTM
2011 Kia Optima
535 Posts
Looks nice! It's cool to see an idea come to fruition. :congrats:

I'd like to add that it is very tough to get emblems lined up properly on the trunk lid. It actually might not be too difficult, but I am a perfectionist and it took me like 30 minutes before I was good with the spacing on my SickSpeed "Turbo" emblem. I still am not 100% happy with it, but I can live with it. It only makes me cringe once in a while.

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice badge munk! it does look slightly crooked but my eyes are very tired ATM.
Well the curve on the bottom of the trunk throws me off, I need to get better pics in the daytime.

The plus side of the thin adhesive is that it's real strong, but easy to remove/replace.

·
Registered
2013 Optima
211 Posts
I like it... doesn't stick out like an obvious Porche or VW style turbo badge would. :thumbsup:

·
Your K5 Optima Store Rep
2012 Kia Optima
1,818 Posts
Just did mine and took some pics. They were awful. LOL. Sun was shining right at phone. Will take a couple more in a bit. Nice quick DIY Munky. I aligned the top of the T with my K5. Think it came out good. I do love the is emblem and finally got rid of the EX. Looks so much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts