Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Optima
491 Posts
I like this..

sounds like a perfect time (for me) to put in the LED side markers while doing this mod.

looked at the KOS site, it seems to imply that only rear sensors can be used with the LCD display, anyone know if that's the case? would love to have both front and rear on LCD display.

thanks for the writeup :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Great DIY Munky. Thank you for making this for us and the community!

Here is a link to the product on our site for anyone interesting in ordering: K5 Optima Store - Front/Rear Park Distance Control Sensor Kits

very nice writeup
Yep :iagree:

I like this..

sounds like a perfect time (for me) to put in the LED side markers while doing this mod.

looked at the KOS site, it seems to imply that only rear sensors can be used with the LCD display, anyone know if that's the case? would love to have both front and rear on LCD display.

thanks for the writeup :)
Yes this is correct. The display is only designed to show the rear sensors as the front system is completely independent from the rear.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
7 Posts
Nice write up. Preparing to do my install after painting the sensors... Regarding the slope of the sensor face - does that kind of cutout groove go towards the ground? Can you twist them after pushing them through - if needed? Thanks!

·
'MURICA
2013 Kia Optima
103 Posts
Thorough nicely done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
50 Posts
Nice write up. Preparing to do my install after painting the sensors... Regarding the slope of the sensor face - does that kind of cutout groove go towards the ground? Can you twist them after pushing them through - if needed? Thanks!
I second this question. Which way do you want the sensors to face? Has anyone tried painting them with the SWP pen? Wondering how it turned out.

Also, if I opt out of getting the screen, where does the sensor beep come from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts