Kia Optima Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
102 Posts
Just wanted to say I was able to get the install done and everything is working great!

Helpful tip for anyone doing the install themselves, make sure you're using the right wiring diagrams with the right connectors.

On my 2013 SXL the wire for the START connection from the CCM (White) was to be connected to a brown wire with a orange stripe. On my model the wire that was supposed to be brown and orange was actually a solid grey.

Other than that the wiring diagram matched my car perfectly

Thank you David for the fast response and Munky for helping me pinpoint my issue

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,952 Posts
Just wanted to say I was able to get the install done and everything is working great!

Helpful tip for anyone doing the install themselves, make sure you're using the right wiring diagrams with the right connectors.

On my 2013 SXL the wire for the START connection from the CCM (White) was to be connected to a brown wire with a orange stripe. On my model the wire that was supposed to be brown and orange was actually a solid grey.

Other than that the wiring diagram matched my car perfectly

Thank you David for the fast response and Munky for helping me pinpoint my issue
This is awesome news and am happy to hear you got it all figured out. :thumbsup:

You're very welcome and that is what we're all here for, to help each other out where we can.

After you've had a chance to play with it for few days, please post a review on the product in our thread below. ;)

http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/121-k5-optima-store/98434-k5os-canbus-control-module-k5-optima-store.html

·
Registered
630 Posts
Help!

:cry:Help!

i am installing this on a 2015 optima ex with navigation package. I have used an ohmmeter on every connection to ensure a good connection, I have triple checked all the pins and connections. Dips switch 3 is up and the rest are down per the instructions. When I reconnect battery, I first open and close driver door, the plug in system and can bus connectors, then the power connector. I get no beeps at all from the module indicating it is ready for initial programming.

When I lock doors with remote, it locks, beeps once, and then unlocks.

Any thoughts? Or defective unit?

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

And, I just took everything out, disconnected all wires. Everything is working fine except the driver side smart door button isn't working at all. Passenger side works fine. Ideas?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
55 Posts
I have a 2011 SX and I just had Munky install mine. He has done a few before and we are having issues getting the Sunroof function to work properly. When I have the sunroof connector connected, the module doesn't function correctly. When the doors lock, for some reason, it will half way start itself (acc mode). When I disconnect the sunroof connector, the module seems to function properly. I would like to have the sunroof functions, so if anyone has had this same issue, please let me know what you did to correct the issue.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,952 Posts

i am installing this on a 2015 optima ex with navigation package. I have used an ohmmeter on every connection to ensure a good connection, I have triple checked all the pins and connections. Dips switch 3 is up and the rest are down per the instructions. When I reconnect battery, I first open and close driver door, the plug in system and can bus connectors, then the power connector. I get no beeps at all from the module indicating it is ready for initial programming.

And, I just took everything out, disconnected all wires. Everything is working fine except the driver side smart door button isn't working at all. Passenger side works fine. Ideas?
Just seeing this post now, please email me directly with the issues you are having so we can forward it to the manufacturer to get it figured out for you.

In the 2 years we have been selling this product, we have only had (1) defective unit out of about (100) sold. If it turns out to be defective, we can simply get you out a replacement, but 9 times out of 10 it is a wiring issue that causes the problem.

I just had someone install mine who has done a few before and we are having issues getting the Sunroof function to work properly. When I have the sunroof connector connected, the module doesn't function correctly. When the doors lock, for some reason, it will half way start itself (acc mode). When I disconnect the sunroof connector, the module seems to function properly.
I replied to your PM as well. Just waiting for your installer to email us back with the issues so we can forward them to the manufacturer to get the next steps in the troubleshooting process.

·
Former Administrator
2011 K5 Turbo
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

When I installed the CCM on Stephen's car, I remember something similar happened. It turned out we had the two CAN communication wires reversed (orange and green) and correcting that issue allowed the CCM to talk to the CAN network.

It's very easy to do, because both of those wires that you tap into are twisted together, and have similar colors. I believe one is white with orange stripe, and one is orange with yellow stripe?

·
Registered
630 Posts
When I installed the CCM on Stephen's car, I remember something similar happened. It turned out we had the two CAN communication wires reversed (orange and green) and correcting that issue allowed the CCM to talk to the CAN network.

It's very easy to do, because both of those wires that you tap into are twisted together, and have similar colors. I believe one is white with orange stripe, and one is orange with yellow stripe?
I will perhaps try again after I get the door fixed. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. The unit and all wiring have been completely uninstalled and the drivers side door smart button is still dead. I'm pretty confident that I had all the wiring correct, as I triple checked everything but nobody's perfect so it's always a possibility. I'm not willing to try again until everything stock is working correctly. I used t taps so no wires were cut and I ohmed every tap to ensure a good connection. I have installed one of these before in a friends car with no issues. It's frustrating to finally get around to doing mine (promised the wife I wouldn't mod this car like I did my 2012 shhhh) only to have these issues and no something that was working fine before isnt working now.

Thanks

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,952 Posts
I will perhaps try again after I get the door fixed. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. The unit and all wiring have been completely uninstalled and the drivers side door smart button is still dead. I'm pretty confident that I had all the wiring correct, as I triple checked everything but nobody's perfect so it's always a possibility. I'm not willing to try again until everything stock is working correctly. I used t taps so no wires were cut and I ohmed every tap to ensure a good connection. I have installed one of these before in a friends car with no issues. It's frustrating to finally get around to doing mine (promised the wife I wouldn't mod this car like I did my 2012 shhhh) only to have these issues and no something that was working fine before isnt working now.

Thanks
Keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
2012 KIA Optima
144 Posts
Hey all,

Anyone know of a Tacoma-area installer they'd trust to take on this install effort?

·
Registered
2016 Optima GT Kia Optima GT
74 Posts
Has anyone successfully installed this in a 4th gen?

Looking at installing it in a 2016 Australian spec.

Thanks guys!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,952 Posts
Driver door button is dead. They will be replacing the handle next week.
They replaced the handle, still not working. They think something else is fried. Will update when I know more.
Well that sucks, hopefully they get it figured out for you soon, so you can get your car back.

Hey all,

Anyone know of a Tacoma-area installer they'd trust to take on this install effort?
Wish I knew someone to recommend to you out in that area. I would suggest going onto yelp.com and looking up an "Audio installer" or "Stereo Installer" and searching through the results and reading reviews to find the best option in your area. Then you can call them and give them the install links to see if they think it's something they can do for you, and for how much money.

Has anyone successfully installed this in a 4th gen?

Looking at installing it in a 2016 Australian spec.

Thanks guys!
We have sold quite a few of these to 2016+ Kia Optima owners.

I want to say that as of this morning, we have sold 11 modules to 4th Gen Kia Optima owners.

If you have any specific questions I can assist with, please let me know.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima 1.6L Turbo
6 Posts
Wiring Connection Problem

I am trying to hook up the K5 optima store canbus control module and ran into a problem. From their wiring diagram it says to hook the brown wire (door outside switch) from the module to pin 65 blue wire (smart button)on mf11. on my mf11 67 & 68 are blue. Pin 64,65 & 66 are empty. Pin 63 is green. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2016 Kia Optima Lx 1.6 Turbo.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,952 Posts
I am trying to hook up the K5 optima store canbus control module and ran into a problem. From their wiring diagram it says to hook the brown wire (door outside switch) from the module to pin 65 blue wire (smart button)on mf11. on my mf11 67 & 68 are blue. Pin 64,65 & 66 are empty. Pin 63 is green. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2016 Kia Optima Lx 1.6 Turbo.
Sorry to hear that you're having some difficulty with the installation process. If you have confirmed that you are following the correct wiring diagram for the 2016 model of Optima and are still running into this issue, please send us an email and we will get back to you when we open for business tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 optima.. all installed so far everything works but the start function. sunroof works doors work.. hit the lock button 2x and it goes to work and even here the ignition click. but no start..any ideas...??

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,952 Posts
2016 optima.. all installed so far everything works but the start function. sunroof works doors work.. hit the lock button 2x and it goes to work and even here the ignition click. but no start..any ideas...??
Got your email, and will get back to you ASAP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having problems with 14 Cadenza. After hooking up all wires, i cant get it to setup. After i start the car i hear 1 beep then 4 beeps then 3 quick beeps. Push the the smart door button and no response. I need help. I sent an email this morning but today is Sunday so hopefully they get back to me tomorrow.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts