Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drivers side roof grab handle on my 2013 Optima wont stay up. It keeps drooping down and I end up hitting my head on it getting out. i just ordered a replacement on ebay for it but looking at the description now it says its for the right front. Is there a difference? Can they be interchanged or take parts fron one to fix the other? Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
The radiator suport is a structural component and needs to be properly repaired. If a body shop is going to do the repair they will dp 2 hours of ser up and meausure and once that is done they will pull the front end to get it dimensionally correct then if repairable will do the actual support repair. You cannot simply put a new radiator spport with out first getting the surrounding area dimensionally correct. IDK if the suppot is welder or bolted, but this type of repair is a pretty involved job and requires alot of parts to be R&Ied and also requires some substantial equipment. Im also assuming that there is no damage to the rails or inner fender structure.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,386 Posts
The drivers side roof grab handle on my 2013 Optima wont stay up. It keeps drooping down and I end up hitting my head on it getting out. i just ordered a replacement on ebay for it but looking at the description now it says its for the right front. Is there a difference? Can they be interchanged or take parts fron one to fix the other? Thanks
Guess above posted to the incorrect thread, but to answer your question, Kia has them listed left or right, and
depending on model/options, two for right side, eight for the left side.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Guess above posted to the incorrect thread, but to answer your question, Kia has them listed left or right, and
depending on model/options, two for right side, eight for the left side.
Dang it yea, I wasn't paying attention.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts