Kia Optima Forums banner

Info on Strut bars

Tags
bars info strut
5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Frankie_T 
#1 · (Edited)
Question on Strut bars

Hi everyone, I am thinking of adding a strut bar to my EX. I know it is only a 2.4, but I am looking for a more solid feel. From what I have read on here, it seems like strut bars make a difference on our optimas. Does anyone know if this also helps the issue of our cars not going in a straight line on the highway? Even after 2 months of driving it, it still cant decided what direction straight is. I read a quick line that said it helped someone so I am wondering if it helped anyone else with this. I am right now looking at the Luxon bars, but honestly I think with a 2.4 an ebay one may be all I need.

#3 ·
I would highly suggest the Luxon Front Strut Tower Bar.

It is the strongest on the market, very reasonably priced, and ships from the USA via that link from Concept 3 in Brea. Great guys that have gone out of their way for a lot of members on this forum!

#9 ·
I forgot that they had one out. It wasn't on their website for a long time. Too bad it looks like something out of a Spider-Man movie otherwise I respect everything else that they've worked on!

#6 ·
That's one thing I've noticed about this car. When you're going like 35-40 mph around a corner the car feels solid and very minimal roll. But when you take a corner at about 80 it feels like you're going to flip over. Its almost like the shocks give out more at higher speed (which is probably what's happening). I've always wondered if a strut bar would help this. I'd really like to do a side by side comparison some day...

#11 ·
Thanks a lot for better choices on the bar.

what about the "swaying" as I call it on the road where I feel I always have to adjust to go straight? Mainly at highway speeds. Would it help that as well?

For cornering I know I need, even after driving for almost 15 years I still go into turns hard and accelerate through them!

#15 ·
This could be tires. I thought Kia solved this issue. My 12 SX tracks like arrow no adjustments and our roads are crap concrete slabs mostly.

try rotating tires, or have dealer check alignment. heard some bad things about some of the OEM tires like Nexxan or whatever they are. That could be a problem too.

#13 ·
I have seen a cheaper one on Ebay, but looking at the design, it has a slot adjustment for the length between towers and only the tension of a bolt to hold it from slipping! seems a BS design compared to others.:duh:

#14 ·
Thanks just broke out and ordered one - cheaper than Ebay for same Luxon product. On sale currently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.