1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima LX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Holidays, people! 🦃

Two Questions:
  1. Does anyone have any experience with individual ‘lights’ going out in the fog light DRL’s? Specifically—and randomly—a diode/light goes out on both sides about 50% of the time. One day I’ll drive it and the lights will falter—later that day, no problem at all. And by randomly, I mean that it doesn’t happen all the time, although it’s the same specific diode/light each time. I‘ll upload a video showing it happening on both sides. Caveat: It seems to only happen when on ’hazard’ as far as I can tell. Other caveat: It’s maddening!
  2. Has anyone encountered—and successfully removed—what appears to be some form of dried Crazy-glue in the trunk emblem well area? I ask because I have no idea how to remove it without damaging the paint. I can just cover it with the emblem I’ll install, but it’d be nice to have a “clean” install area. Pic attached . . .
Any insight to either issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

s | m
Liquid Fluid Water Pink Watch

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,815 Posts
Hey Sam, I would start by checking how the wiring is set up for the controller that powers the daytime running lights. I would check the ground to make sure that it’s mounted to a good ground location and is making good contact. I would also recommend checking where you are pulling power from, to see if that is the issue. Finally, I would check to see if any of the wires are pinched at all causing that to happen with the DRL‘s.

In regards to the leftover adhesive from the emblem, I would recommend using “Goo Gone” which you can pick up at your local Home Depot or Lowe’s. If applied properly and removed in a timely manner, it will not damage your paint.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima LX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both replies!

WIth respect to Goo Gone—that’s what got it to the state that you see in the pic. Lots of gummed up adhesive was successfully removed, but what’s pictured is that unbreakable, crystalline crust that something like Crazy-Glue would leave as a residue. Didn’t try WD-40 tho, so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima LX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wasn’t happy with the quality of the LED emblems that I bought, so I’m sending them back. In the interim, I put in my red Kia “K” logo emblems. Attached a few pics . . .
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille
Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts