Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima 2.4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm prob the only person on this entire fourm that picked up one of the old BTR ECU tunes for the 2.4L Optima before they started selling alpha speed's tunes instead, the Tune is solid and reliable, but after doing some research, it's similar to the tune that SFR used to have along with Shark Racing, now the difference with these tunes is if you have a manual optima, which is quite rare as it is, it would allow you get up to 7200 rpm instead of the stock 6500, now for the rest of us auto cars, the trans shifts right at 6250, meaning that I'm missing about a 1000 rpm worth of power band essentially, and I know the car makes power past that 6500rpm with the tune due to another person I've seen on YouTube with the same motor with the manual, state that there's a difference. Not only that, there's a good bump in power and torque at 5500 rpm with the tune and it carries on all the way untill it shifts at 6250 and when it does it's back to the 4k area and it feels like it doesn't get that bump again till it hits 5500. Now to just also mention, I got the tune because it's self adjusting to bolts on modifications, way more than the stock ecu, which is what I need because I'm essentially full bolt on (intake, throttle body spacer, headers, downpipe, testpipe, and catback) and it gets rid of things like the speed governor and the soft limiter in park. Improved my air to fuel ratio as well and adjusted cam timing. Anyhow, is there anyone on this planet that can crack the TCU in these cars and can get my shift points changed out, no shop in the entirety of Lee County knows how and I'm just trying to get every last bit of power I can get, especially if the tune permits me to get more power in slightly higher rev ranges.

·
Registered
2013 optima sx
92 Posts
Never heard of anyone tuning the trans in our cars, the only person I know who might be able to help you is Ksr performance. He held the record for highest hp optima for a long time. Dm him on Instagram or you can call him.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima 2.4
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of anyone tuning the trans in our cars, the only person I know who might be able to help you is Ksr performance. He held the record for highest hp optima for a long time. Dm him on Instagram or you can call him.
I never thought about talking to them, I'll see what they say. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts