Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SX Launch Edition
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone, it’s reached the point where it’s time for me to replace my in-cabin air filter and was wondering WHICH AIR FILTER HAVE YOU INSTALLED? If you installed HEPA filter do you notice any LOSS in performance of car and air flow? I was leaning towards one that has ODOR REMOVAL & Filters up to 5 micron to 0.3micron due to my horrible allergies and asthma but after reading about how those restrict your car I have now been leaning more towards the K&N which doesn’t filter as much but is washable and reusable thus making it worth the extra cost upfront but I only want to do that if The ones that filter out more particles actually cause a negative difference you can feel... some of the worthy brands I’ve come across are K&N Filter, Fran Freshbreeze, STP, FilterHeads, WIX, and few others.... THANKS And I need to figure this out like yesterday because I tried to take my filter out to check it and destroyed it in the process because it was like stuck in there after five years that’s understandable....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there everyone, it’s reached the point where it’s time for me to replace my in-cabin air filter and was wondering WHICH AIR FILTER HAVE YOU INSTALLED? If you installed HEPA filter do you notice any LOSS in performance of car and air flow? I was leaning towards one that has ODOR REMOVAL & Filters up to 5 micron to 0.3micron due to my horrible allergies and asthma but after reading about how those restrict your car I have now been leaning more towards the K&N which doesn’t filter as much but is washable and reusable thus making it worth the extra cost upfront but I only want to do that if The ones that filter out more particles actually cause a negative difference you can feel... some of the worthy brands I’ve come across are K&N Filter, Fran Freshbreeze, STP, FilterHeads, WIX, and few others.... THANKS And I need to figure this out like yesterday because I tried to take my filter out to check it and destroyed it in the process because it was like stuck in there after five years that’s understandable....
I've used both, and in my own experience. The reusable and throwaway HEPA filter, and don't really notice a difference. Although I don't really have any odors in my car too.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use the NAPA Gold filter for Cabin Air on all my cars. They are made by WIX and have a lot of micron catching material. They are usually heavier than the OEM from my experience

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
119 Posts
I put the k&n in all my cars. I clean them once every 30k to 40k miles. Wix are great filters as well. You can’t go wrong either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I put the k&n in all my cars. I clean them once every 30k to 40k miles. Wix are great filters as well. You can’t go wrong either way

I used K&N Filters on my motorcycles. Pretty cool filters. Just clean it with the K&N cleaner and re-oil and good to go. A bit pricey but they would last for years

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
119 Posts
I used K&N Filters on my motorcycles. Pretty cool filters. Just clean it with the K&N cleaner and re-oil and good to go. A bit pricey but they would last for years
Yeah. They outlast my cars. Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use the Fram febreeze no noticable decrease in fan output. It really helps especially in the spring when the pollen is insane here in dfw. If you change them at least once a year you shouldn't have any issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts