Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima LX Bright Silver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all my 2013 LX Has 113,873 Miles and it is starting to make a knock rattling noise no loss of power but is knocking. If it's possible how would I get a motor from KIA as part of the recall ( I GOT THE KSDS UPDATE). And would like to know how much longer I have. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 193K with Drag wheels.
406 Posts
The last step is to have a P1326 CEL code stored in its ecu. You could do a read (don't erase) to check for yourself before wasting time a stealership, they will deny without that particular CEL.

Might wanna check the oil level too. Luck.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,574 Posts
Hey all my 2013 LX Has 113,873 Miles and it is starting to make a knock rattling noise no loss of power but is knocking. If it's possible how would I get a motor from KIA as part of the recall ( I GOT THE KSDS UPDATE). And would like to know how much longer I have. Thanks!
As stated above, any CEL? If so, drive to Kia, drop it off, get a loaner (free) and wait.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,574 Posts
There is no CEL on. So I'm just going to monitor the light and wait.
Just make certain you keep the oil up to full, or at least above add as you don't want the engine to go,
tow to dealer and find out you're low on oil.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima hybrid
5 Posts

Is it like a knock like someone at the door is is like a bang when banging on the door. It starts off as a low knock and turns into a bang when you accelerate. Best bet drop off car because could create bigger issue driving it like that. Additionally don't want the engine to seize on you in the middle of your drive which is a safety issue . Good luck

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,574 Posts
Is it like a knock like someone at the door is is like a bang when banging on the door. It starts off as a low knock and turns into a bang when you accelerate. Best bet drop off car because could create bigger issue driving it like that. Additionally don't want the engine to seize on you in the middle of your drive which is a safety issue . Good luck
Actually driving the vehicle is the best scenario, let the engine seize then take it yo the stealership.
If taken in for a diagnosis, the the long process begins, cleaning engine etc, just added money, let it seize.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts