Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SX-T SWP, 2012 EX, Spicy Red
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, hello! I have been a member here before, lost my login info, so I used to be cski.
Anyway, I still have my 2012 EX in Spicy Red, and with the recall, my new engine is awesome...for what it is.
What I was shocked about is the lack of knowledge about getting more power out of my newsed 2015 SWP Optima Turbo. I have a good, realistic budget, and I already have the car in the shop for paint, OEM style spoiler install, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, but what I NEED is a GREAT QUALITY TUNE KIT. Can anyone help me? How much do legit tune systems cost? I saw one on CARID, but I only saw 1, and OBD2 ports are all the same so does anyone else have a kit that will satisfy my need for 50 (or a little more) HP? I refuse to put a power robbing and just plain noisy intake on it....but the Magnaflow cat back changes things. I can order a new catalytic converter if it will help...I simply need honest advice on a product Please help guys!
Sincerely,
Cornfused Chris Ski:unsure:
Ready to buy TODAY!!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,395 Posts
Here's a couple:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Hey Chris, welcome back to the Optima forums.

I am just now seeing this post, but I would be happy to help you with this.

Why don;t you give us a call here when you have a minute, and we can go over all of the options available.

You can reach me directly at (213) 785-7512 (if there is no answer when you call, leave a message and I will get back to you)

If you prefer to email, shoot me over an email to [email protected] and let me know what your budget is, and we will point you in the right direction.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a couple:

Before I buy a $!,000 tune kit, I need my mechanic to actually rebuild the 91k turbo. I dont trust that my stock turbo can handle 290 WHP, which means 335BHP. It is EXACTLY what I want though!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't we all! I just want it to get to 310 or so...already installed Magnaflow Cat back, HPS intake with heat shield.....how do I squeeze another 20 hp on TOP of the 15 hp the intake and exhsust will provide.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Don't we all! I just want it to get to 310 or so...already installed Magnaflow Cat back, HPS intake with heat shield.....how do I squeeze another 20 hp on TOP of the 15 hp the intake and exhsust will provide.
Exactly what was recommended above is how. lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, on this lap 3 performance chip, at checkout it asks me whether I want 89, 91, or 93 octane tune. I read a review that says he uses 93 and 89 and implied that it can be changed on the chip. In other words, the car puts out 274 hp on 89 pump gas....do I have to commit to using premium? I want to buy the chip today and just wondering if any of you are using it and c a n give me more info. Its a lot of $$$$.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Hey guys, on this lap 3 performance chip, at checkout it asks me whether I want 89, 91, or 93 octane tune. I read a review that says he uses 93 and 89 and implied that it can be changed on the chip. In other words, the car puts out 274 hp on 89 pump gas....do I have to commit to using premium? I want to buy the chip today and just wondering if any of you are using it and c a n give me more info. Its a lot of $$$$.
You can order the chip & have it set to whatever octane setting you want, and you are able to change that by simply adjusting the dials on the chip, as shown in the installation video on the product page of our website, where the product is sold.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave, I would like to talk about buying the chip and the coilover shocks you have for sale. Thank you. You have answered all my questions on the chip. I still don't understand, that if the chip is adjustable, why I have to choose an octane rating at all!!?????

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At checkout. It just creates more hesitation. I want to get both coilover kit and wish to speak to you privately about putting that order together.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Dave, I would like to talk about buying the chip and the coilover shocks you have for sale. Thank you. You have answered all my questions on the chip. I still don't understand, that if the chip is adjustable, why I have to choose an octane rating at all!!?????
Sure, I’m more than happy to chat with you, but we are closed today. If you’d like to shoot me an email, I can get back to you as time permits, but I’m running around with family.

Also, I think there’s some confusion here, this is an analog chip, and the only way to change the octane rating is by changing the dials inside of the aluminum housing where the chip is located, on the circuitboard. If you don’t choose which octane setting you want us to set the chip to, how is it supposed to just automatically know? It doesn’t learn it in on its own, you make more horsepower based on the octane level that you have available in your particular area, & based on what the chip is preset too.

At checkout. It just creates more hesitation. I want to get both coilover kit and wish to speak to you privately about putting that order together.
I’m not quite sure what you mean that it creates more hesitation, if you aren’t ready to order then just don’t order. If you’d like to speak with me privately about placing the order, send me over an email and ask any questions you have and I’ll do my best to answer them for you as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That sounds great.I will talk to you on Monday. The $650 is Hart coilover set plus the aforementioned chipset for $550. I was wondering if you had a 10% off coupon or we can work out just a bit of a deal which wil make me tremendously happy. I don't plan on racing the car, I just want smiles per hour. I looked at your stabilizer/sway bars too (the white ones). Really digging those too, but I need to wait until June for those. (Since I bought my car on 12/26/19 I have only put 1500 miles on it). So, I want to get her out of the paint/body/audio custom shop and enjoy it while we still have nice dense cool air here in Northern VA. I rambled on there so enjoy your weekend.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
That sounds great.I will talk to you on Monday. The $650 is Hart coilover set plus the aforementioned chipset for $550. I was wondering if you had a 10% off coupon or we can work out just a bit of a deal which wil make me tremendously happy. I don't plan on racing the car, I just want smiles per hour. I looked at your stabilizer/sway bars too (the white ones). Really digging those too, but I need to wait until June for those. (Since I bought my car on 12/26/19 I have only put 1500 miles on it). So, I want to get her out of the paint/body/audio custom shop and enjoy it while we still have nice dense cool air here in Northern VA. I rambled on there so enjoy your weekend.
OK no problem, if you’d like to shoot me an email anytime before then, I will get back to you before Monday with a link to the discount code. We don’t offer 10% off blanket discount codes for anything on the website, but I would be happy to offer you a discount if you would like to purchase the coilover set and the LAP3 together. However, in terms of the exact discount amount, let’s keep that to email or private messaging instead of publicly posting about it here. ? Thanks and enjoy your weekend as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ready to buy. Just need to know if I need 1 or 2 catch cans....I don't want to blow the engine. I lookedvinto them? I know what they are for, but I need to be at....well? I will call you.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Ready to buy. Just need to know if I need 1 or 2 catch cans....I don't want to blow the engine. I lookedvinto them? I know what they are for, but I need to be at....well? I will call you.
Sounds good, just send me an email and let me know when you’re available and I will call you since our phone lines are down due to COVID-19 & the physical store being closed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am home and ready.Call me so I get the discount on checkout. I am PSYCHED!!!! David!!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
I am home and ready.Call me so I get the discount on checkout. I am PSYCHED!!!! David!!!
Thank you for your order with us Chris, we will have it all shipped out today for you! ?

MY number is xxx-xxx-xxxx cell
Please edit your post and remove your number, I don’t want any google bots calling you. LOL

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I got ahead of myself.....we went back and forth a lot. I just confused email with posting. I had your site, this site....and people calling in with tech problems that I have to solve for a living....didn't mean to post my ### ###-#### here. I fe like an airhead. I have cabin freakin fever....and I can't wait for the guys at thr custom shop
(EXLINE PERFORMANCE). These guys can't wait for the chip and the plugs and the catch can to come in. This is their third Sonata/Optima power upgrade. I just can't wait. Been driving my 2012 EX 2.4. I still love it, but when you have multiple daughters, it's a natural thing to give away the car you loved to thd kids you love much much ❤ more.
Sorry for the tangent. Thanks David for your 5 star help with this sale. Did I mention I was psyched?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts