Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2013 Kia Optima ex in February with 146xxx on it. It is now at 151xxx, I have already put in a new starter and new tie rods. Today I was driving and noticed my check engine light come on. I noticed that the car was also making a fast knocking while accelerating. No longer than 10 miles later, all the warning lights came on and the motor completely quit. Upon attempting to restart it I found that it would barely start then run rough and stutter before dying. I finally got it to start and move and got it within a mile of my house and pushed it the rest of the way. When I got it to drive it was very rough and wouldn’t get above 20mph. This video is from just now, going out and trying to start it.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
171 Posts
Sounds like the engine locked up. Tow it/limp it to the dealer and might be part of the recall replacement.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
Sounds like the engine locked up. Tow it/limp it to the dealer and might be part of the recall replacement.
New engine on the horizon. Get a rental free and wait for them to call when it's done.
No maintenance records needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts