Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
Not sure if your model year is the same as mine, but for my car, it displays that screen first as a static image while the system boots just as a dummy placeholder, and then replaces the static image with the interactive buttons when the system is ready after a few seconds.

Maybe your system is stuck displaying the static image that cannot be interacted with, somehow failing to replace it as usual.

So can you reset your system? Not sure of the reset procedure for your car, maybe there is a pinhole you can press using an unbent paperclip or something like that. on my car, I hold down two buttons for ten seconds, to reset the head unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if your model year is the same as mine, but for my car, it displays that screen first as a static image while the system boots just as a dummy placeholder, and then replaces the static image with the interactive buttons when the system is ready after a few seconds.

Maybe your system is stuck displaying the static image that cannot be interacted with, somehow failing to replace it as usual.

So can you reset your system? Not sure of the reset procedure for your car, maybe there is a pinhole you can press using an unbent paperclip or something like that. on my car, I hold down two buttons for ten seconds, to reset the head unit.
Thanks I tried and let it sit for the rest of the day it did work after a couple hours thanks 🙏🏽

1 - 3 of 3 Posts