Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fortunate enough to own a 13 Optima EX (purchase,)14 Optima SX-T (purchase) and my leased 16 SX-L which I have had since 3/2017 and returned it today for my 2020 Stinger GT1 with of course the snowflake exterior and red interior; I never had a red interior before.
I am leasing it for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year; I got the dealer to throw in a tint for me as well.
My insurance going from the Optima to the Stinger is a very doable $9.68 more a month. I think being 50 puts me in the area of not being too young or too old to drive a car like the Stinger TTV6. My 79 year old dad takes it over the barrel with pretty much any car he insures.
All three Optimas for the most part gave me minimal issues and back in 2017 when I knew the Stinger was coming out I really wanted one; especially the ttv6 one.
It has been a pleasure being part of this Optima forum for years; you all take care.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
207 Posts
Congrats on the Stinger!

Reactions: glen1023

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
Congrats on getting your new Kia Stinger.

It seems like everyday that one of our customers trades in the Optima for the Stinger.

If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to checkout the K8 Stinger Store when you have a moment.

We have tons and tons of goodies over there for the Stinger.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on getting your new Kia Stinger.

It seems like everyday that one of our customers trades in the Optima for the Stinger.

If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to checkout the K8 Stinger Store when you have a moment.

We have tons and tons of goodies over there for the Stinger.
Even though like I said I really enjoyed my previous three all black Optimas, I have been waiting since the Stinger came out to get one.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it really is a great car, and quite the upgrade from the Optima platform.
Have to love this leasing option, which is 100% right for me.
The lease on my 16 Optima was my first taste of that option, and having the ability to have a new car in my garage every 36-39 months is very appealing to me.
Yes, a pretty big leap from an Optima to a TTV6 Stinger, but it would have been even a bigger leap if I had a Rio?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been fortunate enough to own a 13 Optima EX (purchase,)14 Optima SX-T (purchase) and my leased 16 SX-L which I have had since 3/2017 and returned it today for my 2020 Stinger GT1 with of course the snowflake exterior and red interior; I never had a red interior before.
I am leasing it for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year; I got the dealer to throw in a tint for me as well.
My insurance going from the Optima to the Stinger is a very doable $9.68 more a month. I think being 50 puts me in the area of not being too young or too old to drive a car like the Stinger TTV6. My 79 year old dad takes it over the barrel with pretty much any car he insures.
All three Optimas for the most part gave me minimal issues and back in 2017 when I knew the Stinger was coming out I really wanted one; especially the ttv6 one.
It has been a pleasure being part of this Optima forum for years; you all take care.
That's awesome, congratulations. I've been a Kia die hard since 2002 when I purchased my Spectra, then I got my 2007 Optima and now I have my 2016 Optima Hybrid Ex and I still have my 2007 Optima as my daily driver. Wish I could get a Stinger, never say never. Lol

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
Slight off-topic--is leasing a vehicle the new norm when it comes to new vehicles? I see more and more folks starting to lean towards leasing, plus there seem to be more and more TV ads these days touting vehicle leasing options vs. purchasing.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slight off-topic--is leasing a vehicle the new norm when it comes to new vehicles? I see more and more folks starting to lean towards leasing, plus there seem to be more and more TV ads these days touting vehicle leasing options vs. purchasing.
Although some people think leasing a car is a glorified way of renting one, it works for me since I like getting into a new vehicle every 36 to 39 months.
I unfortunately in the past have gotten into trouble by not being smart and rolling negative equity into a loan making my payments higher then what they could have been.
The end of lease tasks were fairly easy since I had an inspection done at my home, my miles are way below the allotted 36K, there is no add’l wear and tear fees and since I went with another KIA, the $400.00 disposition was waived.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's awesome, congratulations. I've been a Kia die hard since 2002 when I purchased my Spectra, then I got my 2007 Optima and now I have my 2016 Optima Hybrid Ex and I still have my 2007 Optima as my daily driver. Wish I could get a Stinger, never say never. Lol
Right, never say never; you will.
I thought I would end up with the Premium trim level, but of course that trim was dropped for the GT-Line. Unfortunately the GT-Line did not have the bells and whistles of the Premium trim, but since I was able to afford the TTV6 version that made my decision a bit easier.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
Although some people think leasing a car is a glorified way of renting one, it works for me since I like getting into a new vehicle every 36 to 39 months.
I suppose one downside to leasing for the main/sole purpose of wanting to own a new vehicle every ~3 years is that, unless/until you decide to stop leasing vehicles period, decide to (or, already) own a vehicle, or decide that you just don't want to drive vehicles anymore--you will be making monthly car lease payments indefinitely. Until I bought my Optima 2 years ago, I didn't have to deal with car payments of any kind for the previous ~10 years before that--I hadn't bought a new vehicle between 2003 and 2018. Sure I wouldn't be driving the latest and greatest but I dare anyone to argue that making lease payments for as long as you keep wanting to drive new cars is much more desirable than not having to make any car payments at all.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
43 Posts
Glen, that sounds just like my story! Love the pictures of your car.

Lease ending on my 2016 Optima SXL. Kia sending me teasers on 3 months payment forgiveness. Wanted either an Optima PHEV or Niro PHEV, but Optima was same car that I already had and no word on the refreshed 2020 Niro. So end of last October, dealership under construction, sales were poor and they had a 2019 Stinger 2.0 Premium, Aurora Black, Black leather that had been sitting forever and needed to find a home. Not the color I wanted, my Optima was also black on black. Not the car I wanted, thought it was too young for me, but I did a test drive. Then a bit of haggling. The lease was $10.00, more a month than the Optima. And I've never looked back. As good as the Optima was, I can't believe the Stinger.

And now a word of warning, since you have the GT. Watch your speed! This is the sneakiest car I've ever driven. She loves 3 digits on the open road. I however do not love speeding tickets. It's effortless. I don't have a heavy foot. But those situations where you're coming up on cars in the right lane, see some cars coming up in the left lane, don't want to be stuck, so just give it a bit of gas and pass them. Oh ****, how that that number happen as I check WAZE to see if there are any police around! City driving is much the same and I keep it in Smart mode. It's an effort to maintain the speed limit. And yes, my next lease in three years will the the GT.

Oh, and I'll be hitting 65 here soon. I think a red would nice for the next one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts