Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car was having hybrid system warnings ALL the time and I had a constant check engine light on (which I just started to ignore at a certain point, since it didn't go away after servicing!) Then, the other day (Two days ago) my car completely died on the highway! I was like thinking the worst things possible, and that it would cost me hundreds and thousands of dollars! Turns out, hybrids made by kia and Hyundai before like, 2016 I want to say, need to have the fuse-- (within the trunk in the smart plug-orange plug in the back end of the trunk that you can release by lifting the switch up and pull out) --switched out from a 125 amp to the 150 amp. Call your local kia or Hyundai dealership and ask them for part number 375f2-4r150. Then search YouTube for "fixing Hyundai and kia battery fuse for $6" (something like that. .) I replaced my own fuse in about 5 min with a screw driver and some hefty confidence (and I'm a 34 year old female who does accounting for the most part!) Now my car runs like a champ and check engine light is off! Also haven't seen the hybrid system warning message pop up since I got it started!! Anyways, I hope that saves you (and others here searching for answers) some money and stress down the road when your hybrid eventually stops running due to the system not charging anymore, like mine did and plenty of others
Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Magenta

1 - 4 of 4 Posts