Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Having problems with my AC airflow. It started with the dash servo/clicking noises back in the fall. After trying the temp changes or vent direction changes I found the noise to be coming from when the airflow was moved from head to toe. So, I ordered the new actuator and put it in (what a bitch of a repair). But, the problem was not solved. I watched as the new actuator would move freely as the air setting changed. So, I know that my new part is working. I also took apart the old one and found no stripped gears. So, I may have replaced a good part, but I am positive that the noise was happening when I changed the directional button as I did it several times.

Now, when I start the car, I get even more clicking noises than before. The air is blowing hard - I can hear it - but it's not coming out of the vents. I was getting little to no defrost and now I'm getting little to no A/C airflow. The car eventually cools down, so I think all of the air is blowing around somewhere behind the dash. And yes, I also replaced the cabin air filter.

So, here's my quandary. Is it the other actuator I need to change now, or is it the controller? I read in one forum that sometimes these controllers go nuts. I'm inclined to try that next, but would like to hear your thoughts of what I should test/try.

Thanks!
Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Brian,

I know this post is from a few years ago, but if you do get this, I wanted to know where you ended up at. I am in a similar situation (not so much clicking and havent replaced any parts yet) but I am getting no air through the vents, and the car does cool down eventually as well, and more so from the toe vents. Switching between modes doesnt do anything). I am getting ready to by a new mode actuator, but was hoping to find some similar threads and see how they turned out. Any info you have would be great.

Andrew

·
Registered
40 Posts
This might be silly, but could the cabin air filter be so clogged up that it won't allow air to come through?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure about Brian, but that was the first thing I changed. It seems to be the first thing most people change in this particular scenario.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts