Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 kia optima hybrid and noticed that I have to change the hsg belt at 30000 miles.
first of all neither autozone or any other dealer have those and the dealership ask for about $200 to change it claiming it a "very complicated and meticulous" task to complete.
for what I've seen on youtube there are 2 tensioners the front one has to be released with a combination wrench and held in place with a pin and then the 2nd one has to be released and the belt replaced.
does anyone know if there is something more to do?
also 30k seams to me that he belt should have a lot more life in it

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2020 kia optima hybrid and noticed that I have to change the hsg belt at 30000 miles.
first of all neither autozone or any other dealer have those and the dealership ask for about $200 to change it claiming it a "very complicated and meticulous" task to complete.
for what I've seen on youtube there are 2 tensioners the front one has to be released with a combination wrench and held in place with a pin and then the 2nd one has to be released and the belt replaced.
does anyone know if there is something more to do?
also 30k seams to me that he belt should have a lot more life in it
I just started researching this as well. My 2013 manual says 60K for changing. My car is 7 years old with less than 47K. I looked at the belt today, and it looks fine. I've hit the age where I'll pass on doing it myself. Dealer has never mentioned a word about it, so I'll bring it up next oil change!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts