Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have what might seem like a "petty" issue. Last month, I picked up a 2016 Optima LX. Car had less than 16,000 miles.
Am liking the car overall, But
I am what you might call "old school" in that I learned to back up a vehicle using the mirrors. (30+ years a school bus mechanic) So, here is my "issue" when backing up at night, the screen in the dash is so bright, I have trouble seeing anything in the R/S mirror. I have read and reread the owners manual and cannot find how to dim the screen or turn it off. There must be a simple way to do it.
Thanks for any help
Skip

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,166 Posts
Looks like there is no setting to disable the backup camera video; even if you go into Setup -> Display Off to turn off the display, the backup camera video feed will still appear when gear is in Reverse. You could try turning down the display Contrast/Brightness settings to see if that helps somewhat but short of disconnecting the camera video wire I don't think there is any other way to disable the rear camera video feed from displaying on the screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.