Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have two issues. Both are related, both are highly irritating and I have yet to find a resolution for either.

I have a late model 2016 SXL

1. If the phone and Kia are not paired and my phones bluetooth is on, the Kia is CONSTANTLY trying to pair to it. I prefer to use a bluetooth headset for my calls and even while that is paired, the Kia is always still trying to pair to my phone. I deny the pair request, and less than 5 minutes later another request dings on my phone, thus in my ear. I don't approve the pair request - and yet Kia relentlessly tries to pair. In my phones bluetooth settings I have ensured the Kia is not an approved device and in the Kia I have verified my phone is not listed in the bluetooth devices section.

How can I stop the constant annoying pair requests?

2. If I decide to pair my phone to the Kia and I have my headset on, the Kia will auto-connect, overriding my headset. I can't tell you how many times I am in the middle of a call on my headset, turn on the car and suddenly my call is routed through the Kia bluetooth. Even worse, I work from home, have my headset on while upstairs in my office, my wife downstairs tin the garage urns on the car and the car auto-takes over my call. For the 3 minutes she is in the car, she hears my call piping through the cars speakers all the while I have lost access to my call.

How can I prevent the Kia from auto connecting - or even better, prevent it from auto-prioritizing itself and taking control of my calls?

And as far as I can tell, this is a Kia specific issue. This doesn't happen in my other cars, or friends cars when their bluetooth is on....these other cars don't try to non-stop auto-pair or auto-connect taking over my calls.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
419 Posts
I have two issues. Both are related, both are highly irritating and I have yet to find a resolution for either.

1. If the phone and Kia are not paired and my phones bluetooth is on, the Kia is CONSTANTLY trying to pair to it. I prefer to use a bluetooth headset for my calls and even while that is paired, the Kia is always still trying to pair to my phone. I deny the pair request, and less than 5 minutes later another request dings on my phone, thus in my ear. I don't approve the pair request - and yet Kia relentlessly tries to pair. In my phones bluetooth settings I have ensured the Kia is not an approved device and in the Kia I have verified my phone is not listed in the bluetooth devices section.

2. If I decide to pair my phone to the Kia and I have my headset on, the Kia will auto-connect, overriding my headset. I can't tell you how many times I am in the middle of a call on my headset, turn on the car and suddenly my call is routed through the Kia bluetooth. Even worse, I work from home, have my headset on while upstairs in my office, my wife downstairs tin the garage urns on the car and the car auto-takes over my call. For the 3 minutes she is in the car, she hears my call piping through the cars speakers all the while I have lost access to my call.

How can I prevent the Kia from auto connecting - or even better, prevent it from auto-prioritizing itself and taking control of my calls?

And as far as I can tell, this is a Kia specific issue. This doesn't happen in my other cars, or friends cars when their bluetooth is on....these other cars don't try to non-stop auto-pair or auto-connect taking over my calls.
Take your phone out of the Kia head unit and it won't pair just like every other vehicle you get into. If it's not in there then it won't try to pair. Pretty simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@chauncey - thanks for the response....but I did clarify in my OP: "In my phones bluetooth settings I have ensured the Kia is not an approved device and in the Kia I have verified my phone is not listed in the bluetooth devices section."

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
419 Posts
@chauncey - thanks for the response....but I did clarify in my OP: "In my phones bluetooth settings I have ensured the Kia is not an approved device and in the Kia I have verified my phone is not listed in the bluetooth devices section."
I've never heard of a vehicle trying to pair to every single bluetooth signal. if it did it would try to pair with everything out on the road.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,591 Posts
How are your settings configured in the car for phone and bluetooth etc.?

I have an older head unit and there are settings to control this, but my unit is different than yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Check the menu options in the KIA for phone and/or blue tooth. Remove your phone from the list of phones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue. I plug my phone into my car to use maps so even if I remove my phone completely from the Kia it auto pairs it again as soon as I plug in. This issue needs to be resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take your phone out of the Kia head unit and it won't pair just like every other vehicle you get into. If it's not in there then it won't try to pair. Pretty simple.
Simple??? Well my stupid Kia's display hasn't worked for a year and every time I turn the motor on, it keeps trying to pair. So how do I stop it????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts