Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Former Administrator
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many members with a sunroof have mentioned that turning the car off before it is finished closing or disconnecting the battery can sometimes cause your sunroof to not act properly. More specifically, it does not open with the automatic feature, and requires you to hold the button until it is open.

Here are the quick steps to reset the sunroof, as documented in this thread:

1. Close sunroof and shade fully
2. Press and hold button towards "close" for ten seconds until roof moves slightly
3. Release the button
4. Press and hold towards "close" until roof cycles fully from closed to open to closed
5. Test to see if it's working right and if not, repeat steps 1-4 til it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the correct operation of the sunroof anyways? On any other car I have owned, when the ignition is turned off the sunroof closes automatically. At least when you open the door after shutting off ignition, but with my sunroof in the optima, if I leave the sunroof open when I leave the vehicle it remains open all night. I really prefer the auto close feature of my cars in the past and was wondering if mine just needs to be reset. I hope this is not a stupid question.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nah, that's not a stupid question at all. Like you stated, our sunroof will stay open unless you manually close it.
I kind of like that it doesn't close automatically. My car is garage kept so many times I pull in leaving it open and not having to open again when I pull out saves me this step.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for this info Munky. I got in my car earlier today and the sunroof would not tilt. Went outside and followed your step by step instructions and it worked. I would of never figured out how to fix this on my own without taking it to the dealer. Thanks again!

·
Registered
63 Posts
thanks, I had to "reset" my sunroof today for the 1st time....IDK why it needed it, but whatever...I would have to have taken it to the dealer also..thanks much!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts