Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not new here just had to create a new account because I forgot the email and password to my old one lmao.

anyways does anyone know how to properly aim the low beams on a 17 Optima? Recently installed a set of LEDs on my car and the beam is so off. On my 15’ EX I didn’t have to adjust the headlights after installing these same LEDs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Might be a silly question, but do the LEDs themselves allow for beam adjustment? I put some in my '17 Optima that let me twist the bulbs to adjust the beam, and it worked just fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be a silly question, but do the LEDs themselves allow for beam adjustment? I put some in my '17 Optima that let me twist the bulbs to adjust the beam, and it worked just fine.
This might be a dumb response but I have no idea. Also, the drivers Cut off for the LED looks great it’s just the passenger side that looks wonky (Idk if you can tell from the photos). How would I know if it has the beam adjustment..??

·
Registered
38 Posts
It should tell you in the instructions or product description. Do you have a link to the LEDs you purchased? I wonder if it could also be that the passenger side bulb is installed sideways? I think I did that before as well, and correcting the position resolved the issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It should tell you in the instructions or product description. Do you have a link to the LEDs you purchased? I wonder if it could also be that the passenger side bulb is installed sideways? I think I did that before as well, and correcting the position resolved the issue.
I’m leaning more towards the passenger bulb being sideways but how did it lock into place in the housing sideways...is what im wondering as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't remember exactly how I fixed mine (how I turned the bulb), and I don't have the car anymore. Haha. Check any instructions that came with them, see if they mention bulb position/rotation.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Not new here just had to create a new account because I forgot the email and password to my old one lmao.

anyways does anyone know how to properly aim the low beams on a 17 Optima? Recently installed a set of LEDs on my car and the beam is so off. On my 15’ EX I didn’t have to adjust the headlights after installing these same LEDs.
View attachment 249412
I would love to know. I had a fender bender and after it was repaired:
1. They tried to use a cheap Chinese headlight that didn't match the one on the left. At all. It was as dim as they were.
2: So they got the OEM headlight, but it has a 1/4" to 1/2" .....and
6" long gap where the headlight is supposed to meet the hood. On the other side it fits perfectly. This means the collision center cut corners. I turned them in for fraud. In the meantime
I also want to know if I could maybe add a few washers and correct the aim.
Anyone know if this is possible.
The first pick is before repair.
The next is after 'repair'. I am not sure you can see the gap...but I will take pics tonight and post them.
And this was a "Geico and Progressive "preferred" repai center?

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts

anyways does anyone know how to properly aim the low beams on a 17 Optima? Recently installed a set of LEDs on my car and the beam is so off. On my 15’ EX I didn’t have to adjust the headlights after installing these same LEDs. View attachment 249412
The left looks great, but the right has an odd pattern. Try removing the bulb, make sue there is no rust or other debris or buildup in the connection. Clean it out and try again. Also, sometimes tge connection is not all the way locked in. Thats what it looks like here. Like something is on the way of the light on the passenger side.
Again....drivers side looks perfect. (y)
If I remember correctly the passenger side was hard to get to. I got into a fender bender so now there is a very wide panel gap on the pass side. I am going to loosen the bolts on the headlight and use washers to get them to the correct height. Its like 3 feet low on the accident side.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If I remember correctly the passenger side was hard to get to. I got into a fender bender so now there is a very wide panel gap on the pass side. I am going to loosen the bolts on the headlight and use washers to get them to the correct height. Its like 3 feet low on the accident side.
I didn't really have any problems getting to either of my low beams, but I also have skinny hands. Haha. It was a bit of a tight fit though, so any bigger hands probably would have a heck of a time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts