Kia Optima Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Just give it a good pull seriously... I've taken mine off twice now with no issues. There was a member on here that managed to crack his bumper a ill so do be careful... Try to push from behind where the bumper is held by those release

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Does anyone still have the pics from the original post? It could prove helpful when I attempt this project.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Am I reading this right or am I missing something that if I currently own a 2013 optima that I won't have to cut the bumper beam to fit in the Korean spec drls ?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Am I reading this right or am I missing something that if I currently own a 2013 optima that I won't have to cut the bumper beam to fit in the Korean spec drls ?
You have to cut the bumper support.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
718 Posts
Nice write up I'll be using this soon!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I installed these last week . Even with a fractured hand it wasn't all that hard. Tho I did have to have my brother cut the bumper for me . If you follow the instructions it's fairly simple. Also I'd recommend the 5050 upgrade. The stock LEDs just doesn't cut it IMO. It's not bright at all. I did the "5050" upgrade myself and it's not for the novice . Took me a few hours to complete and even still it's not 100% perfect. Was quite hard to line up the LEDs with the refractors. But I am happy with the outcome .

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just used this old post when installed my DRL's this weekend. Helped me out quite a bit , thanks. The bumper pulled off with no problems, just be careful. I left the bumper support on and cut it with a reciprocating saw. Took me 5 mins to cut through both sides.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just had mine put on after a long time thinking about it. I waited so long because was contemplating about the cutting of the bumper but I finally had the guts to do it and I am so happy that I did it. I found a shop that did the job for me for $160, while watching them do it was really nothing, so easy how they did it, took only about less than 2 hours for hem to do the whole job.

Want to thank K5OS for the purchase and of course the fast shipping!!!!!

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,178 Posts
I just used this old post when installed my DRL's this weekend. Helped me out quite a bit , thanks. The bumper pulled off with no problems, just be careful. I left the bumper support on and cut it with a reciprocating saw. Took me 5 mins to cut through both sides.
Glad to hear that you got them installed and that this post helped out with the installation.

I just had mine put on after a long time thinking about it. I waited so long because was contemplating about the cutting of the bumper but I finally had the guts to do it and I am so happy that I did it. I found a shop that did the job for me for $160, while watching them do it was really nothing, so easy how they did it, took only about less than 2 hours for hem to do the whole job.

Want to thank K5OS for the purchase and of course the fast shipping!!!!!
You're welcome Hank, & thank you very much for your business!

81 - 92 of 92 Posts